• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need a US based credit card, options?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a US based credit card, options?

Friend has bitlocked their laptop, and the Microsoft account was set up with the country as US, trying to verify their account and they are asking for a US based credit card to verify age.

Is there any option for a curve type card etc that will allow me to use a U.K. credit/debit card and be registered as a US one?!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Have you tried the Darknet?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Friend has bitlocked their laptop, and the Microsoft account was set up with the country as US, trying to verify their account and they are asking for a US based credit card to verify age.

Is there any option for a curve type card etc that will allow me to use a U.K. credit/debit card and be registered as a US one?!
      Sure. Get a cashplus card. Manually change the billing address online 48 hours before you go authorise at MS to a pseudo US address. Put the Zipcode in the last address field and keep a UK post code (or you can't store the address). Seems to clear AVS whenever I buy digital goods in the US.

Comment

Working...
      X