• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sadiq Khan likens Scottish Nationalism to racism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadiq Khan likens Scottish Nationalism to racism

I was never a fan but as last he says something accurate. He compares Scottish nationalism to racism and Sturgeon to Trump. Pretty accurate really.

If we had an English Nationalist Party down here that acted the same way as brave Nicola then the whole lot would be regarded as racist. Good to see someone call out Sturgeon and the SNP for what they are.

bloody racist - oh right...
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Nationalism caused the war in the former Yugoslavia so yeah he has a right to mention it's a problem.

Oh I like the way the article states Khan is the most powerful elected Labour politician in Britain.

Komrade Korbyn must be irritated.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Nationalism can be a problem, but I think that to suggest the SNP is racist is playing political games.

Comment

The Sainted SNP racist unbelievable

SNP MP told racist cybernat to ‘keep it up’ - The Scotsman

AN SNP MP actively encouraged and supported a Twitter troll who has posted racist comments online and pictures of No voters being hung prior to being elected.

Paul Monaghan, who won the Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross seat from Liberal Democrat John Thurso, retweeted and praised the Twitter user - who goes under the name Claire Robertson and carries the SNP logo on their account - prior to the general election on May 7.

Among her posts was a video of a storm flooding Barmouth in Wales, accompanying which she wrote: “pity it cant hit birmingham then we could get rid of all the pakis.”

She also posted a picture of a person hanging from a gibbet with the words: “typical No voter after sep 18.”
          'Get the Pakis out of the party': SNP councillor Julie McAnulty at the centre of second race row - Daily Record

N SNP councillor told a colleague she wanted to “get the Pakis out of the party”, officials have been told.

Holyrood candidate Julie McAnulty is already at the centre of a racism row.

And now an SNP activist has made an official complaint alleging she made the “Pakis” comment.

McAnulty is involved in a bitter feud with Dr Imtiaz Majid - a fellow SNP group member on North Lanarkshire Council.

Sheena McCulloch, an SNP member for almost 40 years, notified the party leadership about the alleged comments after reading about earlier racism claims in the Record.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Are the SNP starting to self destruct (albeit at a much slower rate) as UKIP, the former failed in their objective so maybe not, the latter succeeded so their work is done?

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              Are the SNP starting to self destruct (albeit at a much slower rate) as UKIP, the former failed in their objective so maybe not, the latter succeeded so their work is done?
              Nope - they haven't achieved their aims.

Plus every party has their racist bigot or 50.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Nationalism caused the war in the former Yugoslavia so yeah he has a right to mention it's a problem
                Technically accurate I suppose but then one could say that the imposition of a single state that ignored cultural differences, with laws defined principally by, and for the benefit of, one dominant member, was what caused the problem. So like the EU, or the UK for that matter. Most of the conflicts today are not wars between one state or another but are between different groups within states. The same has been true throughout history.

I believe in nationalism, not in the Hitler sense, or with a very rigid definition of what is "British", but a nation in which there is a shared culture and purpose, in which citizens feel a bond to their government because it puts them first. We similarly respect other nations' rights, within reasonable limits, to determine their own directions. International bodies have a major role.

The world would work a lot better if we went with the realities of human nature. Nothing wrong with ideals to work towards, a united world etc., but our egotistical leaders need to stop trying to impose them with no regard for the real problems caused.

Going back to Scotland, I'm all for Independence, provided it is not financed by the rest of us.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 26 February 2017, 09:22.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  I was never a fan but as last he says something accurate. He compares Scottish nationalism to racism and Sturgeon to Trump. Pretty accurate really.

If we had an English Nationalist Party down here that acted the same way as brave Nicola then the whole lot would be regarded as racist. Good to see someone call out Sturgeon and the SNP for what they are.
                  Not accurate at all actually.

Britnats are the racists who voted for Brexit due to immigration. Farage is Trump's bestie and he is a right wing Tory, the exact opposite of the SNP. Scottish Labour made Trump a business adviser for Scotland but it was the SNP that removed that title.

You're welcome.
                  Last edited by Batcher; 26 February 2017, 12:55.

Comment

https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2...wrath-at-khan/

"The Unionists claim that the movement for Scottish independence is based upon anti-English racism because they have no substantive arguments. Instead they resort to stirring up the ancient prejudice and stereotype amongst some people in England that Scotland’s cultural distinctiveness begins and ends with a hatred of English people. All they’re doing is further weakening the last frayed bonds that tie Scotland to this dysfunctional state. They’re destroying the very thing they claim to be defending."

Comment

Working...
                    X