• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moved House - Car insurance gone through the roof

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    Even 20 years ago the granularity on postcodes for insurance was at least 4 digits. The system I worked on was based on a daily sales target, rates went up or down through the day based on performance. This is similar to airline ticket prices. Renewing customers always get a poor rate due to the inertia factor.
    Indeed if you don't want to get bent over play the field.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
      To summarise. "when I lived in Manchester .... I was screwed"
      To be fair I was more legal and safer not moving from my bed.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        So I've moved (albeit temporarily) to a postcode with ostensibly (according to those online checkers) a lower crime rate than my previous address.

Yet the cheapest premium I can find on Compare The Market etc is £530 compared to £220 for my old address.

I can only assume that being in a BS postcode just automatically attracts a higher premium than a BA postcode despite the fact It's a sleepy village where nothing ever happens.

Daylight robbery
        I moved from a pretty dodgy area in Leeds, to a nice village outside the commuter belt, low crime, good schools, extortionate house prices (although still better than the South East) and the car insurance company refused to cover me because the scrotes would travel to the village to break into cars that are parked at the train station!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Insurance is a very complicated thing and we don't appreciate some of the factors that they use in their risk profiling.

Small sleepy villages tend to have much higher than average priced cars and stuff in the home so crime rates might be down but it only takes the odd Range Rover to go missing to balance out scroaty areas where a 5k car goes missing every other day. More bumps of higher value payouts on the leafy country lanes than busy residential areas as well.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X