• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going Dutch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    hey if the Scots decide to leave fine, but they probably need to realise they will have to pay their own way.

Lets see if they have the guts to finally leave.

It would only be the UKSSR if we were intent on centralising government not devolving power.
    I suppose that's true, if for example the facless UKcrats in Westminster were to dictate Free trade deals onto Scotland without their consent, instead of devolving those powers.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      I suppose that's true, if for example the facless UKcrats in Westminster were to dictate Free trade deals onto Scotland without their consent, instead of devolving those powers.

so if we get advantageous trading arrangements you are going to refuse them because they were negotiated by Westminster? Did you want to send the subsidy back as well?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

so if we get advantageous trading arrangements you are going to refuse them because they were negotiated by Westminster? Did you want to send the subsidy back as well?
        Not sure that erecting huge new trade barriers by tearing up the trade agreement with the EU, not to mention the other 150 other bilateral trade agreements, and thrusting them down Scotland's throat against the will of the Scottish people is exactly what I would called "devolved government".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Not sure that erecting huge new trade barriers by tearing up the trade agreement with the EU, not to mention the other 150 other bilateral trade agreements, and thrusting them down Scotland's throat against the will of the Scottish people is exactly what I would called "devolved government".

as I say if you vote to leave and can encourage the EU to keep you then fine.

Last time Scotland voted to stay.

I would like to see Scotland pay for the next referendum after all its only fair. We also should make clear what you walk away with if you vote to leave before you vote.

Comment

as I say if you vote to leave and can encourage the EU to keep you then fine.

Last time Scotland voted to stay.

I would like to see Scotland pay for the next referendum after all its only fair. We also should make clear what you walk away with if you vote to leave before you vote.
            Indeed like the 60 billion Euro bill.

I wonder what's for desert.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Indeed like the 60 billion Euro bill.

I wonder what's for desert.

don't worry you can have the bill for Holyrood.

Comment

Working...
              X