• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We expect those with no legal right to remain in the country to leave.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I think we can all agree that the important thing is that the rules have been applied and she is out of the country.
    Hear hear. Now we need to get more rules and get them applied. Before the UK sinks.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      OK, ignore the point then.
      Oh GB9... I addressed your point precisely, explaining why your brainfart had no relevance. MrMarkyMark saw that, and he's hardly a fan of mine. But, as ever, you're so utterly lacking in even the most basic of analytic skill, you're just too dumb to see it. Never mind poppet - don't trouble your head with it any further.

I don't really have much sympathy for this story after having read the account that was in the Sunday Times.

Married 1990 in the UK, granted ILR
      Both moved to Singapore to live and work, ILR lapsed
      He returned in 1998, but she stayed until 1999 - ostensibly to be there for her mother during her final days.
      She had ILR applications rejected numerous times.
      She (legally) returned to Britain in 2013, and applied for ILR a few more times within the country.
      She's now been deported.

What's still missing is why multiple applications for ILR have been rejected. There are rules covering rejections - I wonder what she has or hasn't done that results in the decision to reject?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        The country is full.
        Once Noel Edmonds is being quoted, we know we are on safe ground.

Comment

The country is full.
          No it is not.

Though most immigrants don't want to live in Scotland, Wales or parts of Northern England.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The country is full.
            That's clearly not even slightly true. It may be fuller than you would like, it may be fuller than I would like, but it isn't full. The issue is more about the uneven distribution of people as much as the total population anyway. Luckily everyone seems to want to go to London so I'm spared the crowding

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            No it is not.

Though most immigrants don't want to live in Scotland, Wales or parts of Northern England.
            Neither do non-immigrants.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Oh GB9... I addressed your point precisely, explaining why your brainfart had no relevance. MrMarkyMark saw that, and he's hardly a fan of mine. But, as ever, you're so utterly lacking in even the most basic of analytic skill, you're just too dumb to see it. Never mind poppet - don't trouble your head with it any further.

I don't really have much sympathy for this story after having read the account that was in the Sunday Times.

He returned in 1998, but she stayed until 1999 - ostensibly to be there for her mother during her final days.
              She (legally) returned to Britain in 2013, and applied for ILR a few more times within the country.
              She's now been deported.

What's still missing is why multiple applications for ILR have been rejected. There are rules covering rejections - I wonder what she has or hasn't done that results in the decision to reject?
              His earnings?

Partners of British nationals have no recourse to public funds so if he's not earning enough, doesn't have enough savings or his pensions are too low then she can't stay.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

She's now been deported.

1. Once ILR lapses, usually after two years out of the country with no UK ties the 'clock' starts again and in this case she'd have to start the spouse visa app. from scratch assuming her husband is in UK. (Haven't read the case, just what's on here).

2. Returning resident doesn't apply unless under exception circumstances (which this doesn't seem to be).

3. Seems she returned to UK on various visit visas, although visit visas have a VALIDITY of six months, doesn't mean you can stay for six months on it. Various Sub-contintental piss-taking has put paid to that - now 2/3 weeks at a time a couple of times over the six months is expected.

4. You cannot switch in-country to any other visa from a visit visa, that's why ILR was refused those times, plus ILR is not relevant now, it's FLR at stage one, still not able to apply in-country.

The solution is simple, she must apply for FLR as the spouse of a British citizen living in UK (if he is) on the five year path to ILR and Naturalisation. Basically she's fuucked up her ILR and it's her fault totally. Ignorance, in any part of the law is no defence.

Could argue UKVI could be lenient, but then everyone else will be trying the same trick and pleading leniency.

Back in the mid-90's (and I might be wrong here) all these visas were free, now it will cost 5 years and about £5k to get back to par. Expensive mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  His earnings?

Partners of British nationals have no recourse to public funds so if he's not earning enough, doesn't have enough savings or his pensions are too low then she can't stay.
                  Can apply under FLR(FP) under fee waiver if can't afford the fees but it's a 10 year route and you have to be totally strapped.......

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    The Welsh were Celtic...

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      The Welsh were Celtic...

Britons were Celts.

Comment

Working...
                      X