We expect those with no legal right to remain in the country to leave. We expect those with no legal right to remain in the country to leave.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 61
  1. #1

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,463

    Default We expect those with no legal right to remain in the country to leave.

    Woman deported from UK despite being married to Briton for 27 years

    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...n-for-27-years

    Good to see the lads are limbering up.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,771

    Default

    Coming over here nicking our men.

    Mary Poppins
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  3. #3

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,268

    Default

    She knew the rules.

    She broke the rules

    She now lives with that consequence.

    I am struggling to see this as news?

  4. #4

    Super poster

    GB9 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mainly on a train
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    According to SueEllen and the other Remnants we have always had control of our borders and it's our own fault for not enforcing the rules. But when we enforce the rules we get this. Makes the Remnants argument a bit of a joke.

  5. #5

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    She knew the rules.

    She broke the rules

    She now lives with that consequence.
    That's not really the point. The question I want answering is, how did she get to point where she was breaking the rules; why was she not granted leave to remain again? I think there is rather more to this story than is revealed in the grauniad.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

  6. #6

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,233

    Default

    The Brexit reason for leaving the EU that the EU controls our borders, to an extent, rather than us, when it comes to EU citizens. Bremainers said "no, we do have control, we're just not taking control, because it's easier to blame the EU than take action".

    Quote Originally Posted by GB9 View Post
    According to SueEllen and the other Remnants we have always had control of our borders when it comes to EU citizens and it's our own fault for not enforcing the rules when it comes to EU citizens . But when we enforce the rules we get this. Makes the Remnants argument a bit of a joke.
    FTFY. Do you see the problem with your argument now?

    Let me spell it out for you in simple terms: This woman is not an EU citizen.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

  7. #7

    bored now

    eek is a fount of knowledge

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    22,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Woman deported from UK despite being married to Briton for 27 years

    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...n-for-27-years

    Good to see the lads are limbering up.
    Note the use of the word married not living in Britain..

    Singaporean grandmother fighting deportation from Britain, Singapore News & Top Stories - The Straits Times puts a very different picture on it.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  8. #8

    More fingers than teeth

    xoggoth - scorchio!

    xoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    xoggoth towers
    Posts
    13,183

    Default

    They should concentrate on getting rid of the problem people, not those like her or this one who do not appear to have deliberately done anything wrong.

    They seem to go for easy targets just to boost the numbers while criminals are allowed to spend our money defending their "human rights"
    bloggoth

    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

  9. #9

    Double Godlike!

    MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    That's not really the point. The question I want answering is, how did she get to point where she was breaking the rules; why was she not granted leave to remain again? I think there is rather more to this story than is revealed in the grauniad.
    As always, from Eeks link.

    Not unusual for there to be limitations on duration when leaving and returning for this sort of thing.


    But in 1992, Mrs Clennell decided to move back to Singapore with her husband to live and work. Her ILR lapsed due to a clause that said she could not live outside Britain for more than two years.

    Mr Clennell and their two sons returned to Britain in 1998, but she remained in Singapore until 1999.

  10. #10

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post

    They seem to go for easy targets just to boost the numbers while criminals are allowed to spend our money defending their "human rights"
    My sentiments exactly. How many foreign criminals are languishing in our jails at the expense of the tax payer?

    Making examples of easy targets are the actions of a...
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •