• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Italians "playing" rugby

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I'm with sas on this one, it was pretty pathetic, if technically OK. Anyway, they lost, so no real harm done That said, based on England's performance, I imagine the Scots are feeling pretty confident...
    England have played abysmally so far and won every time. The mark of a very good team.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      England have played abysmally so far and won every time. The mark of a very good team.
      I suppose. Or a bloody lucky one . I'm not sure yet...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        I suppose. Or a bloody lucky one . I'm not sure yet...
        Eddie Jones is a bloody good coach, he's certainly made a huge difference.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I've been very impressed with Scotland, particularly the way they've fought back from behind. I think they'll be a much tougher test than any of England's opposition so far, and they might even sneak a win. Shame for them they're away from home.

Edit: Plus they've got the best national anthem.
          Last edited by Moose423956; 27 February 2017, 13:35.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Eddie Jones is a bloody good coach, he's certainly made a huge difference.
            I tend to agree, but I'm looking forward to the Scotland match, because another hallmark of a good team is the ability to change gears, and no amount of coaching can substitute for that - needs real depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
              They did nothing wrong, they came up with a plan which was within the rules, and it completely threw England. They were never going to win by "playing rugby", so they had to come up with something innovative, which they did. All credit to them and particularly the coaching staff.

I reckon we'll see other teams doing that now, until there's a change in the rules.
              Not sure how innovative it was, I understand a couple of teams had came up with it before them.

Either way they got beat.

Comment

Er, no.

OTOH Wales are a bloody good team and keep losing.

HTH...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Not sure what match a lot of people were watching but the Italian stunt worked for one half of rugby by virtue of the surprise element. Once it had been worked out they got thrashed 31-5 in the second half. If they try it again and teams are ready for it they are going to get battered. Plus, 7 of their points were off the back of a complete fluke.

I'm looking forward to the Sweaties coming down in confident mood and getting handed their arses.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

I'm looking forward to Ingerlund coming in in confident mood and getting handed their Ladybird book of Rugby.

FTFY

Comment

England are a crap side. Saturday proved that. It would have been funny if they'd lost.

They've only been beating other teams because they've got a very good coach whos made them reach down and find their nadgers. Unfortunately, its not in the English rugby psyche to do that which is why they need a foreigner to help them.

Wales on the other hand always think they can beat anyone but insist on picking the same old crap.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X