• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cornwall stuffed, or is it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drob1984 View Post
    That's quite a small number if that's the projected figures of leaving the EU. Its quite an inward looking report as all it mentions is the EU, not the wider world. Huge opportunities for the UK to be a global player again and invest in developing nations, particularly those who need help around the world.

Tap into some of the 320 billion a year trade that Australia does with China and well, the UK will not be worried about 20-30 billion! Need a big focus on primary industries again, lets feed and produce foods and essential items that the growing middle-classes of these developing countries want. Like Poldark, if I had the money, I'd be opening a mine.

Its no wonder so many people in the South-West and old-industrial heartlands (north, wales) voted to leave.
    Remember exploring Poldark and Tolgus Tin when I was a kid. Happy days.

Poldark Mine at Wendron is still open as a tourist attraction I think.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Remember exploring Poldark and Tolgus Tin when I was a kid. Happy days.

Poldark Mine at Wendron is still open as a tourist attraction I think.
      Indeed it is, went there a couple of years ago with Mrs SB and SB05. Has an underground postbox that is (one of) the deepest postboxes in the country.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Indeed it is, went there a couple of years ago with Mrs SB and SB05. Has an underground postbox that is (one of) the deepest postboxes in the country.
        Some great days out in Cornwall and that's when it's not a beach day. I need to get another holiday booked.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Some great days out in Cornwall and that's when it's not a beach day. I need to get another holiday booked.
          We usually have a week down there in the autumn Mrs SB and I.

Big pile of DVDs that we want to catch up on, plenty of real ales and a decent malt whisky and off we go.

If the weather is nice we do the sightseeing bit, and if it is naff we hunker down with the heating on.

Great way to recharge the batteries before the winter sets in.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

We usually have a week down there in the autumn Mrs SB and I.

Big pile of DVDs that we want to catch up on, plenty of real ales and a decent malt whisky and off we go.

If the weather is nice we do the sightseeing bit, and if it is naff we hunker down with the heating on.

Great way to recharge the batteries before the winter sets in.
            We've been down in September a few times and the weather is usually better. Healey's cider farm is worth a visit near Perranporth, then on to Perranporth itself for an ice cream from Pirran Dairy (you can see them making the ice cream in the back room!). Oh and there's a pub on the beach

Comment

We've been down in September a few times and the weather is usually better. Healey's cider farm is worth a visit near Perranporth, then on to Perranporth itself for an ice cream from Pirran Dairy (you can see them making the ice cream in the back room!). Oh and there's a pub on the beach
              I know the one you mean. It sells draught Leffe Blonde, or at least it used to.
              Took the Mrs and kids to the Haven camp just on the outskirts of Perranporth a few years back.
              Was an interesting wobble back up to the site from the pub.
              The Watering Hole it is called.

Shlurp!!

Comment

I know the one you mean. It sells draught Leffe Blonde, or at least it used to.
                Took the Mrs and kids to the Haven camp just on the outskirts of Perranporth a few years back.
                Was an interesting wobble back up to the site from the pub.
                The Watering Hole it is called.

Shlurp!!
                It is indeed. Seiners does nice food too at the south end of the beach.
                Proper quintessentially Cornish seaside town.

We've stayed at the park overlooking Crantock Beach just up the coast; stroll into the pubs in the village or straight down the hill on to the beach.

There are some great restaurants along the coast too - Lewinnick Lodge and Bush Pepper at Newquay, Fifteen at Watergate Bay, even Rick Stein's place in Padstow.

Comment

Working...
                X