• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting Nextdoor is less racist.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Nextdoor is less racist.

Coding Horror a cracking blog if you haven't heard of it.

https://blog.codinghorror.com/can-so...u-less-racist/

Nextdoor is a Facebook-alike focused on specific neighborhoods. The idea is that you and everyone else on your block would join, and you can privately discuss local events, block parties, and generally hang out like neighbors do.
    But one unfortunate thing you'll find out when using Nextdoor is that your neighbors are probably a little bit racist.
    To their immense credit, rather than accepting this status quo, Nextdoor did what any self-respecting computer geek would do: they changed their software. Now, when you attempt to post about a crime or suspicious activity …
    interesting idea.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I looked into setting this up for our neighbourhood last year but never got around to it, but somebody set it up a few weeks ago after the mass migration from Streetlife (which was bought out by Nextdoor). It is quite useful, I like it. Fortunately I already know where the racists down my street live because they announce it to the world - they're the ones with the UKIP posters outside their house at election times.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      Fortunately I already know where the racists down my street live because they announce it to the world - they're the ones with the Labour, Conservative & UKIP posters outside their house at election times.
      FTFY

Comment

The idea that regressive social opinions correlate with age isn't an opinion; it's a statistical fact
        What total crap. I don't mean the figures are wrong, it's the conclusion that is. The reason older people may be more Conservative is not due to their age as such but because that is what they grew up to believe. They were raised in a more conservative era.

Younger people are necessarily liberal? Ask these young ISIS sorts how they feel about gay marriage.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 28 February 2017, 22:10.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          What total crap. I don't mean the figures are wrong, it's the conclusion that is. The reason older people may be more Conservative is not due to their age as such but because that is what they grew up to believe. They were raised in a more conservative era.

Younger people are necessarily liberal? Ask these young ISIS sorts how they feel about gay marriage.
          Indeed arrogant young pups!

Comment

Working...
          X