• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Left witing for an Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people just think the world revolves around them. It happens.

I remember a few years ago. Mrs had an Aethetics business (Botox) and I'd handle the negotiations with local salons, spas etc about mrs doing work for their customers etc.

One place I had an appointment one lunchtime to discuss such an arrangement. I was working about 10 mins drive away so it wasnt too bad.

Sat there for about 15 mins in reception thinking hmm I've got to go back to work. Then receptionist then piped up - X says shes busy today now, she'll contact you again to reschedule.

I was not impressed....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I love it when the interviewer is late. It means they're probably disorganised, under-resourced, will probably feel guilty about inconveniencing me.

In the event I get the gig they will probably be so poor at running projects that they will leave me to my own devices too. So they can rock up the later the better as far as I am concerned.

Should I start a thread about this, I wonder? Others might find it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
        I love it when the interviewer is late. It means they're probably disorganised, under-resourced, will probably feel guilty about inconveniencing me.

In the event I get the gig they will probably be so poor at running projects that they will leave me to my own devices too. So they can rock up the later the better as far as I am concerned.

ah a Positive Mental Attitude.

Yep "where there is confusion there is overtime" as an old colleague always told me
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Or they might be trying to find out how much nonsense you can take.

Comment

Happened to me once for a permie job, last interviewer out of 3 separate interviews on the day was 30mins late.

The previous interviewer kept coming back in every 5-10 minutes, offering me coffee, tech magazines to read, and apologising profusely for their colleague, who was stuck in a project meeting.

When he finally arrived, he also apologised profusely, explained the meeting he'd been in, which led to me asking him more about his project, which in turn brought him into his questions, and it ended up being a decent interview.

Didn't get the job in the end though

Comment

WHS, absolutely
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
              X