• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meanwhile in the cloud...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    My server balanced on a cardboard box in the spare room is still up........
    My butler is balanced on a cardbox in the spare room is still up as well, but he's started crying now, so I may remove the crocodile.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I have now reminded myself of how dull this place is, I might come back again in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I have now reminded myself of how dull this place is, I might come back again in a few months.
        Try not to let the IRA apologetic door hit you on the way out
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Client co are busily moving everything to AWS.

Can't wait for a long outage, they will literally lose millions to save a £££ on server costs. I shouldn't but I will
          Sounds like you need someone that understands inter regional design. If an outage in one zone could ***** it up you have not designed it properly

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            Sounds like you need someone that understands inter regional design. If an outage in one zone could ***** it up you have not designed it properly
            They know this, but duplicating the systems in multiple regions "is too expensive"

Comment

Surely their systems are duel redundant?

The cloud system I'm using at the minute keeps data in two different EU countries.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

But what makes it funnier is: https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...ment/21864170/
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Did they outsource support to cheapest supplier?

Current workplace moving to blob.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Did they outsource support to cheapest supplier?

Current workplace moving to blob.
                    Every system is going to AWS and InfoSys will manage and run all the IT from India with about 1000 Indian guys replacing everyone in the UK working on work permits issued by our Tory overlords.

What can possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      They know this, but duplicating the systems in multiple regions "is too expensive"
                      Yay! Grab a beer and we can wait for the cluster**** together

Comment

Working...
                      X