• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blocking A50 over eu nationals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They aren't blocking anything. Ping-pong is normal Parliamentary process (where's greenlake? ). This will return to the Commons, and the amendments will be stripped out, and the draft legislation returned to the Lords, whereupon it will be accepted, unamended (I predict). The whole point of the Lords is to scrutinise and ask the Commons to think again, but they know their place, generally speaking. One round of ping-pong is already baked into the timetable and will add about a week (i.e. mid-March for Royal Ascent).

Comment

I think it's time to cull the number of lords at the HOL
      Indeed. All those frustrated foxhunters could hunt down peers instead.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Kick out all EU nationals.

World is waiting and welcoming us

Seriously don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          well then maybe we can train our own then not steal them from developing countries?

Or Maybe our lazy brits don't want to be doctors?
          It costs the government money to train up medical staff, far cheaper to get qualified nurses from the Philippines and qualified doctors from Romania.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Rubbish, they want their nannies and cleaners to stay.
            Most are a bit old to still need a nanny. The average age in the House of Lords is 70.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Most are a bit old to still need a nanny. The average age in the House of Lords is 70.
              Wouldn't stop them. Apart from the women, obvs.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post

World is waiting and welcoming us

In your case, you really feel there is a shortage of bitter village idiots somewhere worth going to?

If I were in your shoes I'd get a shift on before your CV ends up further down the list than scooterscot's or Darmy's!!

Seriously don't care.
                Oh but you obviously DO.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  In your case, you really feel there is a shortage of bitter village idiots somewhere worth going to?

If I were in your shoes I'd get a shift on before your CV ends up further down the list than scooterscot's or Darmy's!!

Oh but you obviously DO.

No wait I'll think about it.
                  No still don't care.

Stupidity of people must be rewarded, and I'm all signing up for ruining your country if majority of idiots want it.

Comment

About time some sense was made.

Hopefully the Lords will reject the bill altogether.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm all signing up for ruining your country
                      You did that the day you arrived.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X