• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I'll have a consonant, a vowel, another vowel, a spy!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I'll have a consonant, a vowel, another vowel, a spy!

Ricky Tomlinson claims Richard Whiteley was a spy | Daily Mail Online

'Richard Whiteley was a spy': Royle Family star claims late Countdown presenter worked as an undercover agent for MI5
    Actor, 77, claims Richard Whiteley was an undercover agent for secret services
    The former plasterer was convicted in 1973 of arranging first builders' strike
    He claims documentary which 'swayed' jury and was presented by Whiteley was funded by MI5
    He made the claims as he opened a relaunched Wetherspoons pub in Chester
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

A story or a carefully managed piece of marketing to get the media to advertise a pub in Chester?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      A story or a carefully managed piece of marketing to get the media to advertise a pub in Chester?
      who cares made me laugh.

Richard Whitely is really 009
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        who cares made me laugh.

Richard Whitely is really 009
        Twice nightly Whitely would have to increase his hit rate to join the 00 section.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Twice nightly Whitely would have to increase his hit rate to join the 00 section.
          He's dead, so his hit rate isn't going anywhere.

On a positive note, he died of pneumonia, which is a 9-letter word.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The 12-week strike took place after UK building contractors imposed what trade unionists called 'bogus self-employment' rules on their workforce.

Well, fancy that!
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X