• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skynet Puff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skynet Puff

Just hired a machine learning contractor, now not really sure if he was the right guy.

Can't put my finger on it, but it seemed like he may have been a bit of a blagger, sounded the sort who may just be picking up a book, from Amazon, this weekend .

We were really desperate as it is a critical machine learning project ands needs to start ASAP.

What should I do?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Just hired a machine learning contractor, now not really sure if he was the right guy.

Can't put my finger on it, but it seemed like he may have been a bit of a blagger, sounded the sort who may just be picking up a book, from Amazon, this weekend .

We were really desperate as it is a critical machine learning project ands needs to start ASAP.

What should I do?
    Hire Sas at least you can have a laugh at his conclusions.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Hire Sas at least you can have a laugh at his conclusions.
      Based in Switzerland this guy.

We did it all over the phone, he said his video conferencing was broken.
      I had a feeling he was looking up stuff as we talked.

Seemed a nice enough chap, albeit it a little odd, Northern type.

Started blithering on about being a big moderator type on some obscure forum, but we had all switched off by that point.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

What should I do?
        Me? I'd run around in circles, with my arms above my head, crying "The sky is falling*.

Because I've got the contract, know where you live and have no moral encumbrance preventing me from twisting the terms for my benefit until you squeal.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Me? I'd run around in circles, with my arms above my head, crying "The sky is falling*.

Because I've got the contract, know where you live and have no moral encumbrance preventing me from twisting the terms for my benefit until you squeal.
          You learned all that from an Amazon kindle book? I'm impressed!
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Also, as I'm sure you will be aware, you can always sub suity in, if I really pee you off
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

What should I do?
              Well you know what they say.......Pay peanuts and you get Monkeys!!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Well you know what they say.......Pay peanuts and you get Monkeys!!
                Unfortunately he he didn't work out that cheap .

Started going on about having to purchase the latest research materials, generous expenses and possible expensive, as of yet undefined, technical difficulties, all charged on top.

Then there were consistently shifting and conflicting priorities and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a cocaine and alcohol habit to support.

I'll let you know how it goes
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                X