• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Songs For The Drive Home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A selection of podcasts from R4 and R4 extra.
    About a half-hour drive to client's site, so fits quite nicely.

Comment

I am about 6 hours into the game of thrones audio books.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        ftfy
        You don't know what you're talking about.

You obviously weren't on holiday in Playa De Las Americas in 1986. This was the song of that summer.

I remember when we flew back to Gatwick, practically every person on that Dan Air flight was in the nearest branch Sam Goodys to buy a copy.

Anyhow, it's been Refugee by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers for the past few nights. Straight out of the leftfield that one. Great little number.

Comment

Not my normal style of music but it used to be Phat Planet by Leftfield - the one off the Guinness Surfer ad.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            You don't know what you're talking about.

You obviously weren't on holiday in Playa De Las Americas in 1986. This was the song of that summer.

I remember when we flew back to Gatwick, practically every person on that Dan Air flight was in the nearest branch Sam Goodys to buy a copy.

Anyhow, it's been Refugee by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers for the past few nights. Straight out of the leftfield that one. Great little number.
            So exactly how did you escape from Gricer's cellar?

Comment

Anything by Steel Panther will do.
              You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Classic hard rock from the late 80s/early 90s:
                Skid Row - 18 & Life
                Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
                Warrant - Cherry Pie
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Since I have just pulled out of Exeter Airport Premier Parking, I thought an aircraft related tune would be in order tonight.

Handling The Big Jets - The Members

Interesting little instrumental number on the flip side of Sound of the Suburbs (Tesco).
                  Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 10 March 2017, 20:52. Reason: Handling The Big Jets by The Members

Comment

I was driving home one evening and 5:15 by The Who came on the iPod.... I looked at the clock in the car and it was actually 5:15
                    • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                    • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Wings - Goodnight Tonight

Paul Mc Cartney & Wings

Hmmm.....yeah - a little gem from '79 sees Macca and the boys late jumping on the disco bandwagon.

But it was worth the wait.... A classic.

I had this one on 12" picture sleeve & i remember getting to Goose's at 7 am waiting for them to open so I could get my copy hot off the press. You see only the first few pressings of a 12 incher had a picture sleeve

Comment

Working...
                      X