• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Songs For The Drive Home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I was in Paris, and an accordion-playing busker came onto the metro train I was on, and started playing a bit of catchy music that I thought I had heard somewhere before.
    After a but of careful humming, SoundHound identified it for me as being a track called "Those were the days".
    Originally written by a Russian, it has been covered by at least 15 artists in several countries, mainly during the 1960's and 70's
    Since then I've had 12 versions of it playing back to back on my phone. Yes a geeky obsession, and hopefully one I'll grow out of in the next few days.
    This has given me the impetus to put them together in a list. It's a great track:
    That's your drive home music? How haven't you chosen to go 100mph off a cliff yet?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      How haven't you chosen to go 100mph off a cliff yet?
      Oh I've already chosen my drive-off-a-cliff track, should my life turn so bad that such a course of action becomes necessary. It is "Love's Theme" by Barry White:

Selected so as to greatly increase the liklihood of a successful suicide attempt

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
        Oh I've already chosen my drive-off-a-cliff track, should my life turn so bad that such a course of action becomes necessary. It is "Love's Theme" by Barry White:

Selected so as to greatly increase the liklihood of a successful suicide attempt
        Anything by Leonard Cohen would do the trick.

Or Suicide Is Painless if you're feeling a bit ironic.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
        X