• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harrowing Beggars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    FFS.

You really haven't traveled much at all really, have you?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

When I lived in Hastings, there was a dwarf who, for the price of a pint, would stand on a barstool, raise his arms above his head, yell something or other and launch himself sideways onto the floor.
      That sounds frighteningly like the Norman Arms in Robertson St. Where you could also witness the 'John Smiths' man get slowly drunk whilst berating the 'Advertising industry'. Poor sod died a few years ago with chronic alcoholism.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        When they start chopping limbs of children then he will notice.
        I believe some beggars in India do pretty much that.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          FFS.

You really haven't traveled much at all really, have you?
          I've spent more than half of my 52 years overseas.

I just have never been to the Indian subcontinent where this stuff is the norm.

Comment

Citibank on the Strand 1994. Group of contractors out for FRiday afternoon drinks. One person in such a mess it was decided to leave him on the pavement while everyone else went up for their stuff. The one on the pavement had 50p given to him by the time we returned.

THe good old days.

Comment

Don't harrow Chinese beggars, they'll think you're being racist. HTHBIDI
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                I believe some beggars in India do pretty much that.
                I know that's why I mentioned it. It use to be done in European countries as well but the welfare state put a stop to it.

Also if you see children begging or a beggar with a child you are suppose to call the police and/or social services. However as most of them come from a particular ethnic group there is no point.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

Happens in plenty of other places too.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

If you know about it why are you acting surprised about it?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Also if you see children begging or a beggar with a child you are suppose to call the police and/or social services. However as most of them come from a particular ethnic group there is no point.
                      Mournful looking mutts on a rope are another valued begging asset.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X