• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laser Tooth Whitening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    is it this one that you apply gel and then treat with light for 15 min , 3 sessions? i had it
    results are good but boy teeth hurt on the day to the point you're unable to do anything and just try to sleep
    Thanks. That's helpful. So it's all over in an hour, bar the pain?

I'm not looking for an American smile, but years of smoking have stained my teeth. I'm currently vaping so thought this might be the time to get the knashers whitened both as a reward and as a kind of insurance policy that I won't unquit.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Yeah. They only change 2 or 3 shades lighter but it's more than enough to make a noticeable difference and OH was very pleased with the results
      Supplied by the orthodontist so all above board.
      Thanks NL good to know. Very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Thanks. That's helpful. So it's all over in an hour, bar the pain?

I'm not looking for an American smile, but years of smoking have stained my teeth. I'm currently vaping so thought this might be the time to get the knashers whitened both as a reward and as a kind of insurance policy that I won't unquit.
        Well tbh the results are really good but wouldn't go for that torment again. Though, second time you are less sensitive so I might.

What I suggest is buy whitening strips from USA, they have peroxide , albeit really low dose, the same as dentist whitening. That will desensitize you for peroxide, and you might survive the treatment better... or simply be happy enough with the result.
        Don't overpay though, 2 weeks treatment is around 20£

Edit: peroxide is forbidden in EU (people abusing it at home), so has to be from USA as the ones on sale here don't have peroxide.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          Edit: peroxide is forbidden in EU (people abusing it at home), so has to be from USA as the ones on sale here don't have peroxide.
          Bloody nanny state Europhiles eh? I blame Brexit.....oh wait a minute!!!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Bloody nanny state Europhiles eh? I blame Brexit.....oh wait a minute!!!
            It's still likely to be be banned.

Iceland, Norway etc aren't in the EU but they still ban the same stuff as the EU bans and in some cases go further. For example ferrets and snakes are banned in Iceland...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I did laser once. Teeth hurt like hell afterwards and I was told to not eat or drink anything that wasn't clear or white for 24 (maybe even 48!!) hours to stop them staining. I can't say I had a dazzling Hollywood smile either. Effect wore off within a few months.

I also got the gel and trays from my dentist more recently because she reckoned I needed it to match a crown I was having (apparently, colour matching the crown was too hard). Wear them overnight, no pain, just odd if you're not used to mouth guards. Minor change in shade (I'm not convinced it made much difference), and you have to keep doing it if you want to eat or drink like a normal person.

Waste of money IMO

Comment

I drink a lot of coffee espressos and after an orthodontic treatment, my teeth became yellow.

I used a set of syringes with a gel contain Fluorine and 20% of Carbamide Peroxide.

I applied the gel in the teeth model made in the Dentist for 4 hours. You notice the difference after the first treatment and can do it until you have the color you desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                  I drink a lot of coffee espressos and after an orthodontic treatment, my teeth became yellow.
                  Ah... Now I know who you are.

Last edited by northernladuk; 3 March 2017, 16:23.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                    How odd.

I had orthodontic treatment and my teeth didn't change colour.

Then again I had plenty of peers to ask on the best way to clean your teeth with a brace as I had it later to them, and so avoided the problem some of them had. .
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Instead of a mid-life crisis Porsche I treated myself to a €25K overhaul of my teeth. Incredibly good for my confidence and I found that being able to fully smile was a significant factor in my career (IT, I have heard it all before) progression and the investment paid for itself several times.

I opted for a B2 shade, B being British, A American, BL Bleached a la Trump, Simon Cowell etc.

I would say go for it. Just choose a shade that looks natural for your age (B2 was deemed the best for me at 42), and look at the shade samples in different lighting. Ask the advice of several people.

Comment

Working...
                      X