• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

8 unbelievable things you never knew about House of Lords

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a real comfort to know that we have the HoL to act as a check and balance against the Commons...........

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      It is a real comfort to know that we have the HoL to act as a check and balance against the Commons...........

Were they hearing about Darmy and Scooter boy's latest pro EU ramblings?

Comment

So there can be no complaints now that the HoL is in control?
        As has been pointed out this is part of the process (brought about because some solicitor some where wanted some publicity and went on and on about parliamentary democracy, the practical effect of which is to bring on a hard Brexit) and is in line with the plan the commons already put forward. They are not in control, someone deliberately left that clause in to give them something to wibble about, it's easily amended as has also been pointed out.

Comment

90% there.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

I use to sit in lectures like them.

Then some smart arse lecturers use to ask me what they had said thinking I wouldn't know as obviously I was asleep - and I use to repeat it back to them.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              104% there.

FTFY

And we are there. I fank you.

Comment

Working...
              X