• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Switching mobile phone contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdhd View Post
    Tell them you are not going to renew after this, and ask for PUC code. And then wait......let their retention office call you and provide you with a deal that you can't reject. Happy days. You're welcome.
    A PUC is a phone unlock code. Not sure how that is going to help at all.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
      It motivates the retention team into action.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
        That's what I did last time. Except, when the first bill came the discount they promised me was missing. And when I complained they said I should have cancelled within the first 14 days, but seeing as how the first bill didn't arrive until a month later I'm not sure how I could have known.

I tried to get them to listen to the supposedly recorded call, but they procrastinated until eventually it was a case of "Sorry, the recordings are deleted after two months, it's no longer available"

They basically lied to me, accused me of lying, and I vowed that when that contract was up I'd move to another company. Arseholes.
        I've had no problems with discounts from O2 and EE.

O2 gave me a discount when I threw my toys out of the pram one year because I couldn't get through for 5 days.

Oh and when dealing with companies it is a good idea to have a recording app on you mobile phone that works.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          It motivates the retention team into action.
          Why does needing to unlock your phone have anything to do with retention? Ask for a PAC and you'll get through to retention. Ask for a PUC and you'll get through to technical support if the initial contact cannot unlock your phone for you.
          First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

I think the OP has confused a PAC - porting authorisation code - with a PUC - phone unlock code.

The former will motivate them while the latter you may already have.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I think the OP has confused a PAC - porting authorisation code - with a PUC - phone unlock code.

Which is exactly what I was saying

Comment

I would go for the BT (EE) 4G Unlimited Voice, Unlimited Texts, & 30GB Data monthly contract. 25GBP per month, but you can give them anyone's BT landline number and it will reduce to 20GBP per month.

Nothing gets close.

If you make international calls, for all that is holy get a dual sim card phone & go for Lebara or similar. This tariff makes it's margins on scalping on International Calls & ex-EU roaming.

It's not advertised, however, a friendly phone call should secure it. It's the contract I am on.

BT can request the PAC.
                Last edited by clearedforlanding; 3 March 2017, 18:59.

Comment

PAC PAC PAC. But you got the point.

Had issues with VM not applying discounts on broadband. But they did agree and re-applied it, blamed it on moving IT infrastructure. I wonder how many times a year they move their IT system :S

Comment

Which is exactly what I was saying
                    I actually was writing my post and going to do something else as you were writing yours.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The latter will motivate them too because you'll get far more for a phone selling it unlocked than you would if it was still tied to a carrier. It also means that you can go SIM only with whoever you want.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X