• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The BBC is sexist....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this about aggressively pursuing TV licnce avoiders?

Hard to rell

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      FTFY
      that's the point while I'm willing to agree that young males & BMW/Audi driving Salesmen are pratts it seems now that mile for mile ladies are likely to be as bad as men. Its not competitive its fact so we need to target female speeders as well.

I suspect when they start prosecuting people using Iplayer without a license it is likely that more males will be caught.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        that's the point while I'm willing to agree that young males & BMW/Audi driving Salesmen are pratts it seems now that mile for mile ladies are likely to be as bad as men. Its not competitive its fact so we need to target female speeders as well.

I suspect when they start prosecuting people using Iplayer without a license it is likely that more males will be caught.
        Your car is watching you - Why your car servicing costs could be about to rise - BBC News

How long before it reports your speed to the government?

Comment

Your car is watching you - Why your car servicing costs could be about to rise - BBC News

How long before it reports your speed to the government?
          We're heading the way of Demolition Man, no doubt about it.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

They target who they see as the most vulnerable. They have not met MrsBP.....
            Surely the current MrsBP and the previous incumbents did exactly the same thing.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Surely the current MrsBP and the previous incumbents did exactly the same thing.
              what blame Brillo?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Two-thirds of TV Licensing prosecutions at one London court targeted women
                Not sure that's representative of UK as a whole SE.

Mind you, if I was in charge I'd definitely target women, those who watch Coronation Street, Strictly come Dancing, Antiques Road Show etc. deserve to be targeted. One should not need a licence to watch zombie films and South Park.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Not sure that's representative of UK as a whole SE.

Mind you, if I was in charge I'd definitely target women, those who watch Coronation Street, Strictly come Dancing, Antiques Road Show etc. deserve to be targeted. One should not need a licence to watch zombie films and South Park.
                  No Xog, a lobotomy should suffice...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

No Xog, a lobotomy should suffice...
                    Provided you feed it to a zombie.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      what blame Brillo?
                      No, targeted him.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X