• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In what language is this NOT a threat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Some of you may be familiar with the tortured divorce case I went through, well even after the "final" court order the threats continue.... Well I see them as threats yet the ex says she isn't threatening me.... well in which language is this NOT a threat or am I over-reacting?

The above is in relation to her using a no win no fee lawyer to freeze my assets (and I have no signficant assets) and set forensic accountants all over my affairs (and they won't find anything).
    Feck her............oh, you've done that already...

Comment

She makes some sense, why spend on lawyer if not to invest.
      But don't know the case, if theres any string attached in it

Comment

Get legal advice. Get a lawyer to send her registered letters that state that you feel threatened by her behaviour (giving examples of what makes you feel that way) and promise legal action if she does not stop. If that doesn't work, you will have to take those letters along with the proof of posting to the police/court and try to get a restraining order. The threat of legal consequences of her actions may calm her down.
        You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

If you invest in a property, could she grab a part of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            If you invest in a property, could she grab a part of it?
            Yes.

They are still married.

Even if they divorced she can go back to court and demand more money of him.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Yes.

They are still married.

Even if they divorced she can go back to court and demand more money of him.
              Oh dear, and my girlfriend wants marriage.

Have to say no over the years but she fears for security if i'll die.

Gonna show her this..

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post

Gonna show her this..
                You have a girlfriend?
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Gonna show her this..
                  It works both ways.

If she earns a decent amount and you don't allow her to be the main home maker if you have children then you will be fine.

I should add I know some women who have been done over in the same way as men in their divorce/separation.

Oh and both of you should write wills leaving stuff to each other regardless of whether you are married or not.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I should add I know some women who have been done over in the same way as men in their divorce/separation.

Yes the famous 1%

My gf doesn't currently work , and take care of the baby. I get her she wants security.
                    But I'm planning to provide it on my terms

Comment

Gonna show her this..
                      What a cheerful outlook you have on life. Who's your favourite musician, Leonard Cohen?
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X