• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In what language is this NOT a threat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    from the back story I agree. Sounds like she is spiralling down.

However she has manged to get his finances locked and has found a leech to bleed him dry.

Of course love it or hate it she is the mum of her kids.
    I've met plenty of kids - who are now adults - who chose to live with their dads once they were in secondary school. I'm related to one.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Glad we made up a prenuptial agreement. But was made up outside of the UK, not sure if it will stand in court here

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Glad we made up a prenuptial agreement. But was made up outside of the UK, not sure if it will stand in court here
        Don't worry. Shauny can rarely stand in court either.

Comment

He's better of sorting out his affairs so if the kids choose they can come and live with him.
          Bang on the money there.

+1 to Vetran, also point out that you have the court documents and if she believes you committed perjury (you didn't did you?) then go ahead. She won't get a legal aid solicitor for that claim and there's not a no-win no-fee shark that would take it either. You have paid/are paying your dues and should have sufficient access to your children to ensure they are being looked after properly (with your maintenance).

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            Bang on the money there.

+1 to Vetran, also point out that you have the court documents and if she believes you committed perjury (you didn't did you?) then go ahead. She won't get a legal aid solicitor for that claim and there's not a no-win no-fee shark that would take it either. You have paid/are paying your dues and should have sufficient access to your children to ensure they are being looked after properly (with your maintenance).
            Claim for perjury? That's a criminal offence reported to police, tried in courts for perhaps a 1 to 2 stretch.

Comment

This kind of divorce cases where the parents use the kids as a war weapon makes me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                did you get a final settlement in writing?

Can she identify where the money she believes you are hiding came from? Would you open your accounts to the CSA or court appointed expert (not hers).

Can you get her to mediation or at least offer.

Surely if you are seen to be reasonable she has to pay for the lawyer?

You started seeing someone else recently that seems to bring the nutty out in the ex.
                I can open my accounts to whoever a court approves but her issue is going to be about hidden money I suspect - but I don't have any hidden money.

Mediation on what - to offer to pay more than I had to under the already finalised court order?

the news about seeing someone else did come out unexpectly about 2 months ago.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                He needs his head examined if he's going to buy her a property to live in. There is nothing wrong with them living in rental accommodation until she sorts out her job prospects and if she never sorts them out it's her own tough luck.

He's better of sorting out his affairs so if the kids choose they can come and live with him.
                I agree but she claims no-one will rent to her as she is not working - of course this is rubbish but it took her more than a year to find a proper rental in the meantime she was in a B&B. Oh and don't forget the Thatcher generation "ownership" is "better".

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                Bang on the money there.

Yup no perjury so no basis for the court to approve a freezing order, hence it is just a threat. Strangely she is talking to a no win no fee shark so I don't know what lies she has told them.

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                This kind of divorce cases where the parents use the kids as a war weapon makes me sick.
                I am already :
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                  I can open my accounts to whoever a court approves but her issue is going to be about hidden money I suspect - but I don't have any hidden money.

Mediation on what - to offer to pay more than I had to under the already finalised court order?

the news about seeing someone else did come out unexpectly about 2 months ago.

I agree but she claims no-one will rent to her as she is not working - of course this is rubbish but it took her more than a year to find a proper rental in the meantime she was in a B&B. Oh and don't forget the Thatcher generation "ownership" is "better".

Yup no perjury so no basis for the court to approve a freezing order, hence it is just a threat. Strangely she is talking to a no win no fee shark so I don't know what lies she has told them.

I am already :
                  Point is to offer a reasonable solution and ask her to make an accusation that you can prove untrue.

Its all nasty. friends & relatives have been through similar but most times the kids figure out who was unreasonable when they get older. Most I know have turned out alright where their parent showed they loved them.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Only because she must have been determined to live in a very specific area as there are landlords about who want long term tenants like your wife.

Another reason not to buy her a property for the kids is that you presume she is going to shack up or remarry - poor person - and then she will be tied to the property in a particular which will cause her difficulties in her new relationship. If she and the other person decides to buy a house together you will still be giving her a similar amount of money until the kids are move out to live with you or become 18.

The no-win no-fee shark will do their investigations and when they realise you aren't as rich as what she is making out will drop the case.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Stop listening and talking to her. This is what solicitors are for. At some point, you have to realise that the dialogue has completely broken down.

It took me many years to learn that lesson.

Comment

Working...
                      X