• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this the tool

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the tool

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/check...-for-tax/setup

Yes.

More discussion here

http://forums.contractoruk.com/publi...on-tool-5.html

Comment

I thought you'd found a photo of sasguru when I read the thread title.

Comment

Not read the other thread.

'The worker' FFS. Everyone else is given a nice professional stance. This should change to the 'Director' when they know you're working through a ltd co. as it's a legally binding position.

How much taxpayer cash was wasted on that effort then? I feel an FOI request coming on.
        Last edited by NigelJK; 3 March 2017, 08:58.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          Not read the other thread.

'The worker' FFS. Everyone else is given a nice professional stance. This should change to the 'Director' when they know you're working through a ltd co. as it's a legally binding position.

How much taxpayer cash was wasted on that effort then? I feel an FOI request coming on.
          Not everyone is a director, and not everyone will engage through a PSC as the question "How does the worker provide their services to the end client?" asks
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You are asking which is the the tool on CUK? Take your pick, there is plenty of them.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You are asking which is the the tool on CUK? Take your pick, there is plenty of them.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You are just jealous because your missus has handled most of the tools on this site, frequently all at one time.

As usual its just like the BBC licence police its intimidation & fear to make people pay up. Some people should but some shouldn't and are harassed.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Has anyone gone through it as the "End Client" and figured out the answers to obtain the best result ( for the "worker" )?

I answered some it as keeping in mind a couple of my contracts in the past and got :

"Unable to determine the tax status of this engagement"

Comment

Might be worth going to the link teapot posted rather than starting a 3rd discussion in a thread that's in General.

But quickly..

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    Has anyone gone through it as the "End Client" and figured out the answers to obtain the best result ( for the "worker" )?
                    Why would you do that? That's not going through it as the end client. It's their risk they are covering so why make up answers to suit the worker. I do worry of agents run it. On behalf of the client thr same will happen.

I answered some it as keeping in mind a couple of my contracts in the past and got :

"Unable to determine the tax status of this engagement"
                    Then you are f**ked.
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 3 March 2017, 09:22.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X