• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday

It's Friday and tomorrow we're going on holiday.

What's not to like ?

Hmm, shall I buy a spare litre of oil for the Taxi ? Anyone else noticed that, these Q7's use a bit of oil ! I've had it since new, and it's now 3 years old with 42,000miles and has needed about 4 litres of oil so far. I went back to Audi right at the beginning when it first needed oil, and they said it's normal and showed me the chapter in the manual where they state it's only a problem if it's using 1litre per 1000km's I've never needed to put oil in a car !

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    It's Friday and tomorrow we're going on holiday.

What's not to like ?

Hmm, shall I buy a spare litre of oil for the Taxi ? Anyone else noticed that, these Q7's use a bit of oil ! I've had it since new, and it's now 3 years old with 42,000miles and has needed about 4 litres of oil so far. I went back to Audi right at the beginning when it first needed oil, and they said it's normal and showed me the chapter in the manual where they state it's only a problem if it's using 1litre per 1000km's I've never needed to put oil in a car !

Milan.
    Sawdust. That'll stop it using oil....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Sawdust. That'll stop it using oil....
      yes agreed, but since I am not planning to sell it for a few years, that's not an option

Milan.

Comment

I've noticed that the Bentley uses a lot of petrol. I went to the Bentley dealers and he told me it has twin turbo V8, so it is to be expected.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I've noticed that the Bentley uses a lot of petrol. I went to the Bentley dealers and he told me it has twin turbo V8, so it is to be expected.

HTH BIDI
          Sack the chauffeur, he's clearly doing some personal mileage behind your back. As well as boning your missus, but hey, if it keeps her out of the shops...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Sack the chauffeur, he's clearly doing some personal mileage behind your back. As well as boning your missus, but hey, if it keeps her out of the shops...
            Apparently lots of modern cars drink oil.

I've only ever had to top my oil up due to leaks there as my neighbour's current car drinks oil.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The Mondeo has used 2 litres of oil in 50k miles.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Buy this!

I bought a new car from Mercedes for 8 months for my transition to the UK. It spent 4 months at Mercedes dealerships across Europe due to faults, me reversing it into a lake, a badly botched window repair after a break in,, I also broke a bottle of Thai fish sauce in the back of it. I took it to a valet and was told to burn it or sell it to an Asian person. Mercedes replaced the car FOC and told me it would be sent back to the factory. I googled the reg & found it at a car Supermarket. This car is absolute tulip. Of course, I had to find out more.

https://www.motorpoint.co.uk/vehicle...0estate/691403

Please wait... 5:51:24 PM
                You are now connected to Robert Bell 5:51:32 PM
                Robert Bell: Welcome to Motorpoint the UK's Leading Car Supermarket. My name is Robert, how can I assist you today? 5:51:32 PM
                CFL: Hello, is the Vehicle YY16 UNR still available? 5:51:51 PM
                Robert Bell: Hi CFL, do you have the stock ID number? 5:52:25 PM
                CFL: 780205 5:53:22 PM
                thanks 5:53:27 PM
                Robert Bell: Yeah still available this one, currently with us in Castleford at the moment 5:54:29 PM
                CFL: How far is Castleford from Yorkshire please 5:55:03 PM
                Robert Bell: It's actually in Yorkshire, just outside of Leeds 5:57:07 PM
                CFL: Oh super.What grade would you give the interior and exterior, please? 5:57:34 PM
                Robert Bell: It will be in great condition as it's actually on the showroom floor at the moment on-site 5:58:54 PM
                CFL: Great, I assume nn smoking and odor free etc. 5:59:19 PM
                Robert Bell: Absolutley 5:59:42 PM
                CFL: Does it have park assist? 5:59:47 PM
                Robert Bell: It will do yes, standard on this model 6:00:19 PM
                CFL: Super. 6:00:24 PM
                In terms of mechanicals and history, is there anything of note? I assume it has just had it's 18K service done, as this model had a few glitches in the early days is there anything I should be aware of in terms of it's history? 6:01:50 PM
                Robert Bell: Was last serviced on 11/10/2016 @ 15,525 miles yeah absolutley - nothing of note here on the system, just the one previous private owner, arrived with us at the beginning of Feb 6:05:03 PM
                Of course still has the remaining balance of that 3 year warranty from 22/04/2016 6:05:27 PM
                CFL: Sounds good. I need to buy one quite quickly. i note that the rear window has privacy glass but the remaining ones don't, is there any reason for that? 6:06:36 PM
                As in the boot. 6:07:00 PM
                Robert Bell: I'm not sure it does have privacy glass, think it might be an illusion of the light 6:08:25 PM
                would you have a vehicle to trade in at all? 6:08:31 PM
                CFL: Nope that is definitely privacy glass on the boot window. 6:09:03 PM
                I am a cash buyer and would be looking to buy tomorrow if this fits the bill. 6:09:30 PM
                One mo, just calling a buddy from MB. 6:10:17 PM
                Robert Bell: Sure no worries 6:10:27 PM
                CFL: It appears that the car is on it's third ECU and has had an EGV replacement as well. There is a note om Xsentry that the rear window was broken into in Copenhagen and replaced by Autoglass while at MB CPH. Also a failure on lamda, fuel sensor, and Audio20 are logged. 6:13:25 PM
                On a positive note these things have been fixed under warranty. 6:14:02 PM
                Robert Bell: Ok great, if you like CFL I ca arrange for a member of the online team to give you a call to go through to process of potentially reserving and arranging an appointment for you to view and test driving this one? 6:14:58 PM
                CFL: I appreciate you wish to close, I wissh to buy a car, but we would need to work on the price with that on the MB service record and Xsentry. 6:16:29 PM
                I have an AMG 53 of these, this one would be for my daughter. 6:17:05 PM
                *63 6:17:26 PM
                Robert Bell: The prices are fixed CFL, essentially the prices are already discounted as much as possible to ensure the vehicles are the cheapest in the country 6:18:38 PM
                CFL: Thank you for your time. I would have taken a punt bearing in mind that it has the MB warranty and Mobilo, however with that number of faults on the MB database, it will hit my resale if an inspection iss done out of warranty as this will flash up immediately on inspection. 6:21:12 PM
                If there is no wiggle room, perhaps I should look at something else. 6:21:44 PM
                I buy cars on depreciation and this might be a little high. What else have you got? 6:24:44 PM
                Robert Bell: https://www.motorpoint.co.uk/used-ca...n=4-fueltype=0 6:31:06 PM
                The chat session has ended 6:50:00 PM
                Robert Bell has left the chat 6:50:00 PM
                The chat session has ended

Comment

Working...
                X