• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How far would you go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far would you go

to get your timesheet signed?

Not further than the office next door.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Threatening legal action.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I sign my own timesheets, so not very far.

Comment

I always break the hiring manager's little fingers on day one of a new contract and never have any trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Threatening legal action.
            I should add it was the agency who threatened them as they had to pay me anyway.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Agency Gives You Free Beer for Filling Out Your Timesheets, Because Nothing Else Ever Works – Adweek

The industry is rapidly changing, but one thing remains the same: Literally the only thing that gets agency people to fill out their timesheets consistently is free beer.

The latest example comes from Minneapolis, where Colle+McVoy has built a wondrous machine called the TapServer—a "multi-keg beer deployment system" that uses RFID and custom-written software to verify whether you've stopped being a lazy git, finished your timesheets and earned your free pint.

Comment

I remember a salesman at an old employer who allegedly sealed the deal and signed the contract by having the female manager of the clients team over the bonnet of his sports car.

We could never get the job signed off as neither my colleague or I were willing to take one for the team and give her a replay. Though my American colleague did look a bit like MF he was very much in love with his wife.

The salesman Baz was a total slut.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  I remember a salesman at an old employer who allegedly sealed the deal and signed the contract by having the female manager of the clients team over the bonnet of his sports car.

We could never get the job signed off as neither my colleague or I were willing to take one for the team and give her a replay. Though my American colleague did look a bit like MF he was very much in love with his wife.

The salesman Baz was a total slut.
                  And look at you now, you dirty little bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    And look at you now, you dirty little bitch.
                    I would have need some real incentive to go after bonking Baz his penis was probably declared a biohazard in the 90s.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X