• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Camaraderie between cyclists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Nice to see you have a target weight in mind but try to keep your goals attainable.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEyedJacks View Post
      Used Gel wrappers can work to patch a cut in a tyre in a pinch.

Last time our group was out and someone had a tyre explode, passing motorist stopped and pulled a track pump, repair kit and spare inner tube from their boot. Guess they were both a cyclist AND a motorist, (that would confuse the daily "fake news" mail... )
      There are a lot of them around....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        There are a lot of them around....
        I always stuff mine in my pocket when I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

not since I have been going to the Gym. Can see my winky lying on my back & everything.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
            So I hail a passing MAMIL and ask if he knew where the nearest shop was. ..
            Couldn't get a mobile phone signal to check on google? Then you might have found it has moved.

BAD ASS BIKES
            6 Ham Link,
            Burrington Combe
            Bristol
            BS40 7AS

But of course, since this event didn't actually happen, it's fairly moot.

According to Zinn and the Art of ... Bike Maintenance, if you haven't got a puncture repair kit, you can tie knots to isolate the hole in the tube, then refit the tube (it'll be a tight fit, but apparently doable), then pump up. If you don't have a pump, then the last resort is to stuff your tyre with grass. Then cycle carefully home/to a bike shop.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Couldn't get a mobile phone signal to check on google? Then you might have found it has moved.

BAD ASS BIKES
              6 Ham Link,
              Burrington Combe
              Bristol
              BS40 7AS
              3G signal in Burrington Combe? Are you out of your mind?

And that address is where they've always been.

Wind your neck in FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                3G signal in Burrington Combe? Are you out of your mind?

And that address is where they've always been.

Wind your neck in FFS.
                Well according to their website they've moved all of about 300 yards down the road from where they were to the other side of the car park.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Well according to their website they've moved all of about 300 yards down the road from where they were to the other side of the car park.

No sign on the old building saying that they'd moved.

And also, according to their website, closed on Saturdays

Comment

Working...
                  X