• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The pocket computer is back!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    It depends, the robustness of the Apple Ecosytem is being heavily challenged by disruptors such as Spotify and other cross platform subscription services.
    Great Minds! I was typing my reply when you were along the same vein

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      5 years ago this would have applied to me but what with streaming services now I don't use iTunes for any media storage and consumption. Its all Spotify, iPlayer, Netflix now. And something like this wouldn't replace your Apple Kit but would be a nice little computer (for a couple of hundred notes?) running Linux as a complementary device.

^ this ^

By the way Apple Music now works for android devices, so no need to switch

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
        5 years ago this would have applied to me but what with streaming services now I don't use iTunes for any media storage and consumption. Its all Spotify, iPlayer, Netflix now. And something like this wouldn't replace your Apple Kit but would be a nice little computer (for a couple of hundred notes?) running Linux as a complementary device.
        And I'm beginning to make that move now...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I spent last night convincing myself that I didn't need one and now rereading this I think a may need one.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            ^ this ^

By the way Apple Music now works for android devices, so no need to switch
            TBH I am happy with Spotify, all of my kit is Apple but I don't agree with one company trying to monopolise the tech space. Diversity is good for business and that's why I prefer Spotify and other non Apple cloud based services so I'm not tied in. I have last years MBP but when I next upgrade it probably won't be a MacBook unless they stop taking the p!ss with their pricing!

Comment

Working...
            X