• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official Budget 2017 DOOM thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Philip Hammond is to announce tax rises to meet a fresh round of spending commitments in this week's Budget, according to reports. "

"The Conservative manifesto has committed the Government not to raise income tax, VAT or national insurance."

"Mr Hammond could increase taxes for self-employed people who currently pay less in national insurance contributions than employees, The Times report."

So that won't be an increase in national insurance, just making it fair

Philip Hammond expected to raise taxes in Wednesday's Budget 

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      "Philip Hammond is to announce tax rises to meet a fresh round of spending commitments in this week's Budget, according to reports. "

"The Conservative manifesto has committed the Government not to raise income tax, VAT or national insurance."

"Mr Hammond could increase taxes for self-employed people who currently pay less in national insurance contributions than employees, The Times report."

So that won't be an increase in national insurance, just making it fair

Philip Hammond expected to raise taxes in Wednesday's Budget*
      It's not that sort of NI, it's the other sort. They have a new online tool for this.

Code:
      if(rogerCandidate instanceof TaxImbalance)
      {
           rogerCandidate.rogerHard();
      }

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        I
        t's not that sort of NI, it's the other sort. They have a new online tool for this.

Code:
        if(rogerCandidate instanceof TaxImbalance)
        {
             rogerCandidate.rogerHard();
        }
        So people called Roger will have to pay a shed load of extra tax?

Now that I can live with!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Compulsory renaming of everyone by deed poll. No exceptions, Roger.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

HMRC has finally caught up with Brillo.

Comment

Rumours circulating on the extension of the public sector rules to the private sector to be announced in the budget:

Off-payroll rules may extend to private sector at Budget 2017 :: Contractor UK
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Rumours circulating on the extension of the public sector rules to the private sector to be announced in the budget:

And watch UK PLC grind to a halt...

It's coming but I don't think it will be here in April...
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Compulsory renaming of everyone by deed poll. No exceptions, Roger.
                  Well it'll certainly improve the net migration figures, so "every cloud..." an' all that.

Cheers,
                  Roger

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Where is Waldork?

We need his input on how great Con Govt really is...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

If they can find a way of actually forcing companies to do it, it's a game-changer. BAU contractors are dead in the water.
                      First though, the govt would have to introduce legislation to force private companies into putting external contractors on the payroll - which should be interesting.

Btw I used to know Bill Dodwell, years ago, good bloke, glad he's risen to the top - nice guys usually don't.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X