• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official Budget 2017 DOOM thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official Budget 2017 DOOM thread

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Why do all you union jack waving BritNat F**knuts always whine about 'what labour would do'. They're not in power and are not likely to be in the near future. They didn't introduce the dividend tax, they didn't almost wipe out the allowance on said tax, they didn't tulip (from quite so high up) on the self employed or PSCs. They didn't introduce the new PS IR35 rules. Your business loving Tories are doing that now. I didn't hear any measures being put in place on evasion and avoidance by companies big enough to have their own lobby groups though, you know, the ones that your tory masters are shareholders in.
    Labour did nothIng to prevent the housing / BTL bubble. Indeed in many ways they actively encouraged it.

Then they opened the door to Eastern Europe.

Then bailed out the champagne drinking bankers, with an unconditional cheque.

I will never forgive them for that.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Anyone know what those MP's (there were 100's apparently) who previously ran ltd cos and paid themselves dividends are now advised by their own civil servants?

Comment

£350 million budget for Scotland? What the duce? Labour will never return to power in my lifetime... I do wonder for how much longer residents in Scotland will continue to take it up the @£$£ from the Tories.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Given the trifling amount the Government estimates will be raised by increasing NI for the self employed, plus the inevitable stick they must have anticipated for breaking an election manifesto commitment not to raise NI, there must have been some strong incentive to do so.

Since for once we presumably can't blame some secret EU directive, I reckon it must be the start of a longer term plan to harmonize NI and income tax for all forms of income (in which case IR35 would become moot).
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Remember back in the days of Labour when the PCG had the pledge that the Tories would abolish IR35?

Roll on 10 years or so and a Conservative government

Strengthens IR35
            Introduces a dividend tax
            Raises NI for self employed
            Abolishes flat rate VAT
            Removes employment allowance

All in the name of fairness. This government serves only the corporate lobby that fund it. They are like a tulip version of New Labour.

They are even continuing to f up the economy.

-National debt rising daily toward 2 trillion.
            -GDP largely underpinned by consumer credit and house price bubble.
            -GDP per capita lower than Italy.
            Last edited by ZARDOZ; 10 March 2017, 11:34.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Given the trifling amount the Government estimates will be raised by increasing NI for the self employed, plus the inevitable stick they must have anticipated for breaking an election manifesto commitment not to raise NI, there must have been some strong incentive to do so.

Since for once we presumably can't blame some secret EU directive, I reckon it must be the start of a longer term plan to harmonize NI and income tax for all forms of income (in which case IR35 would become moot).
              I guess they're cobbling every little bit of cash together that they can to try and minimise the deficit, now that Brexit is round the corner.

But I accept that such views are seen as treasonous by Project Narnia.

Comment

Working...
              X