• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Auto-enrolment"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    In the olden days employers took their responsibilities to their employees seriously and as a result had a workforce they could rely on for their working lives.

If you don't want your employees to stick around then either put them all on zero hours contracts, make them self-employed or bugger off to another country.
    I have issue with employers NIC - why should business pay tax on jobs it provides? It makes sense for emploee to pay NIC because they get benefits of pension and unemployment, what dies business get? It provided the job in the first place, new tax by the back door is third and fourth NICs - how many foreign businesses woukd want this tulip after Brexit?

The olden days you referrering are the final salary pensions that crippled businesses, it's function of business to provide pension - those NICs in full should be paid by employees - maybe after that majority won't accept 50%+ tax burdens
    Last edited by AtW; 5 March 2017, 12:53.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I have issue with employers NIC - why should business pay tax on jobs it provides? It makes sense for emploee to pay NIC because they get benefits of pension and unemployment, what dies business get? It provided the job in the first place, new tax by the back door is third and fourth NICs - how many foreign businesses woukd want this tulip after Brexit?
      "Social contract" look up the meaning of these words in relation to the British state.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        You are free to leave whenever you wish. Your business could be operated from almost anywhere in the World, choosing Brum in post Brexit Tory Britain seems like a bad idea.

Cyprus is geared up for offshore low(ish) tax take, and has a very strong Russian presence too.
        I did not start business after Brexit - idiots like you brought Brexit just when things started looking up

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          "Social contract" look up the meaning of these words in relation to the British state.
          Social contract is paying taxes honestly - without using tax avoidance schemes, we follow it

Comment

For example business pays business rates for free parking offered to employees - why the feck this is taxed? At crazy levels too - it pretty much doubles costs of parking

Comment

I did not start business after Brexit - idiots like you brought Brexit just when things started looking up
              Well then you're not very bright in making the assumption that nothing ever changes. You can stay if you want (I'd be running for the hills in your situation) but you'll have to pay more tax to offset the massive bill that your mates in the EU will undoubtedly want to send us.
              You could always go to the US, Trump is quite keen on Russians allegedly, and they have plenty of squirrels, so you'll feel right at home.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Well then you're not very bright in making the assumption that nothing ever changes. You can stay if you want (I'd be running for the hills in your situation) but you'll have to pay more tax to offset the massive bill that your mates in the EU will undoubtedly want to send us.
                You could always go to the US, Trump is quite keen on Russians allegedly, and they have plenty of squirrels, so you'll feel right at home.
                We might be forced to move all export revenues to a company outside of UK - Ireland looks good, or maybe Lichtenstein

Comment

We might be forced to move all export revenues to a company outside of UK - Ireland looks good, or maybe Lichtenstein
                  That's what I'd be doing. More to the point, I'd have done it already, had I been in your position.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    But do they have squirrels?
                    I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      That's what I'd be doing. More to the point, I'd have done it already, had I been in your position.
                      It's not very patriotic to do it though, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X