• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Full remote working - Perm or contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Agreed. However one must understand the difference between a tight contract and and an over granular one.

Over granuarlar is fustrating for both parties and the clientco may ride over you. Flexibility and good working dynamics are key -within the framework of a clear, tight contract.

I have long considered that contractors that have never participated in an RFP/RFQ/SOW excercise are at a disadvantage to those who have.
    Correct. If doing a fixed price piece, I'd want to nail the scope of what's included and what isn't rather than try and define the solution too precisely. The only thing I've seen with fixed price is that it can generate a them v us attitude of trying to stiff the fixed price worker for as much as possible, but that may just be personal experience rather than the general way of the world on fixed-price IT contracts.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
    X