• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Le Shovette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Le Shovette

French owners of Peugeot seal £1.9m deal to buy Vauxhall | Daily Mail Online

French owners of Peugeot announce £1.9billion deal to buy car manufacturer Vauxhall putting thousands of British jobs at risk
    PSA Group buys European arm of General Motors including Vauxhall and Opel
    Vauxhall employs 1,830 staff at Ellesmere Port in Cheshire and 1,530 at Luton
    GM has 38,000 staff, including more than 19,000 in Germany over 12 factories
    Unions fear PSA could choose to shut its British factories over European ones
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Did you know Peugeot made pepper mills before they made cars? That's what the lady in the Bath Kitchen Shop told me the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      Did you know Peugeot made pepper mills before they made cars? That's what the lady in the Bath Kitchen Shop told me the other day.
      I have a 1950's Peugeot Coffee grinder.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        Still do I believe: https://peugeotwebshop.co.uk/salt-and-pepper-mills
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

slightly darker than that. I got it from my first employer.

Comment

Surely Peugeot would close its European factories to escape EU bureaucracy and keep open factories in the buccaneering trading nation of the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Surely Peugeot would close its European factories to escape EU bureaucracy and keep open factories in the buccaneering trading nation of the UK?
              not spent much time with the French then?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                not spent much time with the French then?
                There was a guy on the radio this morning saying vauxhaul/opel was a good buy since GM didn't promote them in China, so that was a new market for them. Plus 'French cars don't sell well in some countries' - those with alternatives I assume

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  'French cars don't sell well in some countries'

Comment

Working...
                  X