• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone we know?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone we know?

NHS chief Jon Andrewes, 63, lied about having a PhD | Daily Mail Online

'Walter Mitty' former builder earned over £1million by using a bogus CV to become chairman of TWO NHS trusts and a £100,000-a-year hospice boss
    Jon Andrewes claimed he had a PhD and could be called a doctor on his CV
    But the former builder had lied in his attempts to start a medical career
    He earned nearly £100,000 as a chief executive at a Taunton Hospice, Somerset
    He admittd fraud and ganing financial advantage at Exeter Crown Court
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

They didn't mention whether he actually did a good job though. There are plenty of genuine graduates out there who would struggle to run a bath
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      They didn't mention whether he actually did a good job though. There are plenty of genuine graduates out there who would struggle to run a bath
      That's what I was looking for.

They are idiots.

If he did a good job they should have got him to resign, and made him sign a compromise agreement over his pension to keep quiet about their lack of due diligence.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

must admit I was curious about that.

Comment

Entry test for NHS Taunton:
          "What's an hospice?"
          "Oh, about two gallons?"
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You don't need a degree not to be able to run a bath do you Mordy.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              You don't need a degree not to be able to run a bath do you Mordy.
              No, but I do have to make sure my supervisor isn't looking...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I bet he has an eco-shed and an Aygo though.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  I bet he has an eco-shed and an Aygo though.
                  love it!

Comment

Working...
                  X