• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Gear how would you fix it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They seem to have moved the format ok to Amazon but

Celebrity Brain crash is just sad.

Conversation street is hmmm
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Top Gear format is ok maybe a bit stale but then if the only thing you can do is drive cars in different locations, talk about cars and then interview someone who is going to drive a car then you maybe a little limited in your creative options.

If you watch some of the earlier episodes of top gear it took a while for clarkson, hammond and may to gel.

So give them some time.

Although not sure about Rory Reid - he is a bit 'gangsta wannabe'

Comment

I can't shake the impression of Rory Reid that he got lost on the way to the Blue Peter studio. LeBlanc just seems to be trying too hard, though Chris Harris is okay.

Maybe they all need to relax a bit. It's so forced. Of course it was always scripted, but maybe Clarkson & co. were a lot better at making it seem natural and it's that that's lacking.

The Grand Tour had two really duff episodes, but for the most part I thought it was pretty good. Maybe not them at their best, but better than the previous years had been.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          I think they are enjoying Amazon too much I'm pretty sure Clobber Clarkson never goes hungry, in fact most nights they are shown eating top notch grub.
          They know to keep him well fed, stops him smacking producers in the face.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I stopped watching The Grand Tour after a few episodes, I just couldn't be arsed watching it.

MLB is an actor, not a presenter. It just isn't his natural forte. He's there to make Top Gear UK continue to be sellable to an international audience.

Car reviews are a side story to Top Gear, it is like a man equivalent of Loose Women ('Loose Blokes' if you like) with a car based theme. Shows which focus too much on just the cars don't succeed (Fifth Gear, for example).

Top Gear is an established show with an all new presenting team, who need to make the show their own. That will take time, but an established audience wont give it the time. Clarkson turned Top Gear from a motoring magazine into The Clarkson Show - MLB cannot front The Clarkson Show, so Top Gear needs to be re-invented or it will just die.
            Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              They know to keep him well fed, stops him smacking producers in the face.

qh
              was I too subtle again? (Clobber Clarkson)

Comment

My favourite TG items were/are the road trips.

There is something very entertaining about taking unsuitable vehicles across breathtakingly beautiful, deadly, and dangerous far flung places of the world.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

There is something very entertaining about taking unsuitable vehicles across breathtakingly beautiful, deadly, and dangerous far flung places of the world.
                  Indeed but the brilliance was adding absurd actions as well.

Comment

Bring back William Woollard

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      WHS

The polar one was great, finding new ones to do must be tricky though now.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X