• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The church is on your side

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Well people in general are "at it"... it seems it's much more widespread than we might have thought a decade ago. People in positions of authority and trust over children generally, the church is just one very obvious situation that happens. Sports coaches and I would rather imagine boarding school teachers are other ones. Whether such people are deliberately taking these jobs to indulge their desires, or find their latent tendencies inflamed by the opportunity, has anyone answered this yet?
    I can assure you this statement is just not true.

People knew it went on and largely chose to ignore it. No one likes to admit that now, but that was definitely the case.
    A few of our teachers got done around 10 years ago, including the deputy head, who I believe was pretty much caught in the act.
    I'm now 47, everyone knew right back then then the deputy head "liked" younger girls, make of that what you will.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I was involved in a number of large voluntary youth organisations 30 years ago and can assure you they all had strict rules and practices to avoid any perverts it was taken VERY seriously. If there was any suspicion there were lots of above board investigations. You were investigated before you became a leader.

Now it may not of been monitored in the Church or Government then.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        ... CofE allow married ministers (at some levels, no idea if at all levels)
        The head of the CofE is the Queen. She's the highest level, and definitely married. Justin Welby is married.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          The head of the CofE is the Queen. She's the highest level, and definitely married. Justin Welby is married.
          The C of E does not officially recognise marriages where one or both parties are reptilian.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            I can assure you this statement is just not true.

People knew it went on and largely chose to ignore it. No one likes to admit that now, but that was definitely the case.
            A few of our teachers got done around 10 years ago, including the deputy head, who I believe was pretty much caught in the act.
            I'm now 47, everyone knew right back then then the deputy head "liked" younger girls, make of that what you will.
            Yeah that's fair, I think we're on the same page - it wasn't "talked about" or public but yeah I'm sure people knew it happening in their circle of acquaintances without realising it was widespread.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              The C of E does not officially recognise marriages where one or both parties are reptilian.
              Nonsense. If that were the case just how do you explain Prince Philip?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Nonsense. If that were the case just how do you explain Prince Philip?

You don't. That is the point. I will say no more on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Surely the ultimate head is God? As far as I'm aware he's a confirmed bachelor.
                  England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                    The ultimate single dad
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                      Is God a "he" though?
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X