• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The church is on your side

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Is God a "he" though?
    I suppose to get the world this screwed up we need a woman!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I suppose to get the world this screwed up we need a woman!

I was thinking that God was genderless.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Is God a "he" though?
        What, God the Father? Hmmm.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Is God a "he" though?
          Can't be unless he's a masochist; he put testicles on the outside.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            The ultimate single dad
            But he has a mother whom he impregnated, sorry it was an annunciation.

Mary was given the title mother of God, theotokos, at the council of Ephesus in 430CE. It was a riposte at Arianism which postulated that God and Jesus were similar, but not the same. This takes away the unity of the divine, therefore the Roman Church to whom Jesus and God are the same indissoluble entity elevated Mary to theotokos.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Is God a "he" though?
              Interestingly a lot of early Christian art displays Christ (who is also God) as a young androgynous male, much like the Greek god Apollo, who seems to have been a 'model' for the emerging Christian art.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Can't be unless he's a masochist; he put testicles on the outside.
                But then what kind of female god would create periods and childbirth (I mean the bible explains the latter being a change to the original design but the former is as seemingly bad as what men have to carry around)

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  But he has a mother whom he impregnated, sorry it was an annunciation.
                  I don't think God impregnated his own mother

Amusing typo aside God didn't marry Mary so he'd still be a single dad in this increasingly tortured joke.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    But then what kind of female god would create periods and childbirth (I mean the bible explains the latter being a change to the original design but the former is as seemingly bad as what men have to carry around)
                    Ah, now then. It's very simple. A kick in the nuts must hurt mort than childbirth. Women want another child; I've yet to hear a man (NLyUK's clientele aside) ask to be kicked in the nuts again.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      The C of E does not officially recognise marriages where one or both parties are reptilian.
                      Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Nonsense. If that were the case just how do you explain Prince Philip?

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      You don't. That is the point. I will say no more on the matter.
                      You're happy enough with the old trouser snake when you're working, sweetheart.

Comment

Working...
                      X