• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coding interview on paper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    So did you hand in a blank piece of paper?
    She looked at the nearly blank piece of paper and asked "There is nothing here? "

I replied along the lines of "I don't use my head to store information that can be readily available to me by a computer at the time when I need the information. "

The scary thing to me is that there actually are trans-human beings who are going that deep just to get their first job. Me... I prefer to keep my life memories.
    Last edited by europetractor; 7 March 2017, 21:57.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Select * from whatevertable

Dump into excel and manipulate as required
      works fine until you get to > 100k lines and/or end up with a few vlookups / match. So thats everyday for most people.

Real men group by.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

PowerBI rules

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
          PowerBI rules
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
            She looked at the nearly blank piece of paper and asked "There is nothing here? "

I replied along the lines of "I don't use my head to store information that can be readily available to me by a computer at the time when I need the information. "

The scary thing to me is that there actually are trans-human beings who are going that deep just to get their first job. Me... I prefer to keep my life memories.
            So, you are basically readily admitting to them that you are a Google developer type jockey with poor information retention skills?

I'm guessing you didn't get the role
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
            X