• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eyes wide opened on Syrian refugees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No it's from living in little towns and/or villages, and not travelling widely.
    any evidence to support that allegation?

For all of Scooter's stupidity he is living in Germany having travelled from Scotland.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      No it's from living in little towns and/or villages, and not travelling widely.
      Exactly what are you saying

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Ich komme aus Syria. Was Stadt? Aleppo
        Either your German is horrible or you're quoting horrible German

Comment

I regularly meet refugees/asylum seekers from Syria, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and Tibet. It's very difficult to tell where they come from without asking - they're so varied.

It's easier to locate the Africans: mainly from Nigeria, Eritrea, Ivory Coast or Ghana, with a sprinkling of Ethiopians.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I regularly meet refugees/asylum seekers from Syria, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and Tibet. It's very difficult to tell where they come from without asking - they're so varied.

It's easier to locate the Africans: mainly from Nigeria, Eritrea, Ivory Coast or Ghana, with a sprinkling of Ethiopians.
            What?! you have even met white ones like scooter
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              We had some new members join our Deutsch course this morning. Woher kommst du? (where do you come from?). An Irish gal answered, no escaping where she'd come from when I heard the accent. The next gal sat next to her, blonde hair, white. You know Brits abroad have that look.. I was expecting her to say somewhere from the south west of England. Ich komme aus Syria. Was Stadt? Aleppo. Since 18 months ago. She'd never left the country before that time. Parents were Syrians.

.....snip....

Perhaps there's something to this fake news business after all.
              Poser!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

And?

Sorry born, grew up and worked in large cities. If you bother to talk to people you find your neighbours, colleagues etc aren't what you think they are. Even names don't always follow...

Hence my comment about people from small places who aren't widely travelled.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  So, the UK media is responsible for you being an arrogant, bigoted, small minded, tw@t?
                  Anonymity of the internet, shelter for cowards since 1995.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    We had some new members join our Deutsch course this morning. Woher kommst du? (where do you come from?). An Irish gal answered, no escaping where she'd come from when I heard the accent. The next gal sat next to her, blonde hair, white. You know Brits abroad have that look.. I was expecting her to say somewhere from the south west of England. Ich komme aus Syria. Was Stadt? Aleppo. Since 18 months ago. She'd never left the country before that time. Parents were Syrians.

It was first time I've met a refugee from Syria let alone from that bloodbath of a city. And you could have blown me over with a piece of paper against the expectation of what someone from that part of the world should have looked like. Nothing like the Daily wail interpretation of young dark skinned male refugees clambering over each other as the paper would have me believe.

I felt ashamed of the stereotype that made its home in my head. Utterly so. After chatting more with her, my shame only grew. The life she spoke of before could have been any UK city. UK media has only led me to believe in uneducated, non monied individuals.

Someone once told me Germany sucked up all the 'fresh' refugees at the start of the open door program and left the cannon fodder to everyone else. It is clear to me Germany stands to benefit from such individuals, even against other Germans whom I meet who are just as lazy as their British sit at home counterparts.

Perhaps there's something to this fake news business after all.
                    Yeah yeah yeah. But is she fit and would Mich?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      Either your German is horrible or you're quoting horrible German
                      Die erste. Immer. Oder vielleicht es ist Bayrisch Deutsch
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X