• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send them home...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I had a colleague that did alot of work with the homeless. Most of the reasons they are homeless is nothing to do with money - it is emotional, drugs etc.

I don't think those helping the homeless should be snitching. It will mean homeless will have no-one to trust.
    These are foreign citizens with no recourse to public funds.

If say an Indian who came here on a tourist visa works illegally, injures themselves and is homeless because they can't work shouldn't they be sent home?

In your view no but you forget they won't get any help from the British state apart from emergency care so who will look after them? Leaving them on the street means they may end up dead there as if they are returned to India they have family there to help them.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I for one am delighted that the voluntary sector is patriotically stepping up to its stern Block Warden duties, to advance us as a newly cleansed nation, reborn in the fiery crucible of Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        how many MPs let care in the community continue?

Yes it needs to be fixed but the problems are not solved by a quid given to a beggar.
        You can buy them a cup of tea and treat them like a human being.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          What if they're Boomers?

Comment

The question I would ask people is if they were born in one of these poor countries whatever the reason they are in that state, would you not try and in prove yours and your family's lot by doing whatever is necessary?

Comment

Indeed I have shared my sandwich / hot chicken with some. I won't give them money though.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                The question I would ask people is if they were born in one of these poor countries whatever the reason they are in that state, would you not try and in prove yours and your family's lot by doing whatever is necessary?
                I'm a great fan of fixing it at source. However much of the time in country the government is corrupt.

The problem is always it costs 10X as much to fix it in the UK. Labour , resources & space all cost more.

Now the countries we tried to fix at government level are now open sores breeding hatred.

Again as pointed out last week 90% of the those people paid or are in debt to organised crime to get here.

what do we do? Can we fix the world.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  What if they're Boomers?
                  But them a BLT and tell them it's a BTL.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

And just have a chat.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X