• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send them home 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Frothing at the mouth with a story over a year old which must have no relevance now otherwise the countries involded wouldn't be in the waiver program anymore which they are:

gave France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and Greece a February 1 deadline to fix “crucial loopholes” or lose access to the U.S. visa waiver program
    I doubt very much that these people came in on forged or stolen or otherwise dodgy EU passports
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Fake, fake, fake...https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-investigators
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Frothing at the mouth with a story over a year old which must have no relevance now otherwise the countries involded wouldn't be in the waiver program anymore which they are:

I doubt very much that these people came in on forged or stolen or otherwise dodgy EU passports
        you can doubt all you like but most people like proof.

I'm not frothing at the mouth, I'm providing a possible route.

If you want to deny that there are fake passports out there then fine. But it appears there were.

If you think cross EU migration has no impact on British immigrants then fine.

do please provide some proof. Or carry on talking out your hat as usual.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Asked whether the UK would pay a fine, Theresa May’s official spokesman said: “We’ve not received a bill from the European Commission. This report is not a bill. It’s an estimate. We don’t recognise the figures. HMRC are looking at it now.” The spokesman said the issue was entirely separate from Brexit negotiations.

Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs said it had an “excellent record in tackling fraud and rule-breaking of all kinds” and was considering Olaf’s findings and recommendations.

So probably Bollux, Bollux , Bollux

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Coming here, buffing our nails.
            If they buff anything else NLyUK will get upset.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              you can doubt all you like but most people like proof.

I'm not frothing at the mouth, I'm providing a possible route.

If you want to deny that there are fake passports out there then fine. But it appears there were.

If you think cross EU migration has no impact on British immigrants then fine.

do please provide some proof. Or carry on talking out your hat as usual.
              Maybe this is how they got into the country: Vietnamese nail bar sham marriage racket busted | Immigration Matters although that one is going back a while

I think if you read the numerous stories on the web about the nail salons, I think you'll find they were in possession of legal passports but didn't have the legal paperwork to work in the UK...This is not an EU migration problem...

Comment

I know when I was growing up there were none around so it's a recently new narcissistic behaviour if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                  I know when I was growing up there were none around so it's a recently new narcissistic behaviour if you ask me.
                  If you wanted your nails done years ago you would go to a beauty salon not a separate nail bar.

Now some beauty salons specifically advertised they are nail bars first and beauty salons second.

Oh and when there is a down turn which ones last?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think if you read the numerous stories on the web about the nail salons, I think you'll find they were in possession of legal passports but didn't have the legal paperwork to work in the UK...This is not an EU migration problem...
                    It's always far more likely they come in legally as tourists/visitors and then either don't leave or break the rules about working. Something the "Get control of our borders" types never could grasp.

If anyone is interested:

Immigration officers raid firms in Bicester and Banbury - Banbury Guardian
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

There are many ways

Overstaying
                      Bogus students
                      Working without a working Visa
                      Sham Marriages
                      False passports.

we can get our heads round them fine, its the loons that suggest that anyone who doesn't like illegal immigration or working is racist that gets on my nerves.

Comment

Working...
                      X