• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send them home 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    There are many ways

Overstaying
    Bogus students
    Working without a working Visa
    Sham Marriages
    False passports.

we can get our heads round them fine, its the loons that suggest that anyone who doesn't like illegal immigration or working is racist that gets on my nerves.
    +1 To see that people are deliberately evading the tax system to gain advantage is annoyance, not bigotry.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Do nail bars pay tacks?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Had a similar raid on a nail bar in my local town about 3 years ago. Arrests made for illegal migrants and cannabis. Regardless of whether one is pro or anti immigration, it is surely quite right for any state to ensure that only those legally entitled to stay should do so.

Even when they are here legally, one has to question how those who work in a plethora of low skill businesses like nail bars, car washes, fast food shops, leaflet distribution, etc. are any benefit to the rest of us. Any increase in national wealth is just divided among a similarly increased number of people. Basic maths - you don't raise an average by adding more of average quality.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          we can get our heads round them fine, its the loons that suggest that anyone who doesn't like illegal immigration or working is racist that gets on my nerves.
          Does anyone suggest that anyone who doesn't like illegal immigration is racist? Maybe they do, probably in the US they do. Not sure about here.

The accusations of racism tends to be towards those that don't like legal immigration. Which isn't entirely fair, but then sometimes the same people that say it's just about numbers one minute and moan about being tarred with the racist brush will be declaring that Mälmo is the rape capital of the world due to all the muslims the next.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Does anyone suggest that anyone who doesn't like illegal immigration is racist? Maybe they do, probably in the US they do. Not sure about here.

The accusations of racism tends to be towards those that don't like legal immigration. Which isn't entirely fair, but then sometimes the same people that say it's just about numbers one minute and moan about being tarred with the racist brush will be declaring that Mälmo is the rape capital of the world due to all the muslims the next.
            yeah that would be bad

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/302274...tistics-u-turn

'IT WAS WRONG OF ME' Swedish minister apologises for FALSELY claiming sex attacks are decreasing in the country after Nigel Farage branded Malmo ‘the rape capital of Europe’

note : If they applied for a Visa and breach the conditions by working the Visa is invalid they are no longer legal migrants.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-announce.html
            Last edited by vetran; 8 March 2017, 17:39.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Had a similar raid on a nail bar in my local town about 3 years ago. Arrests made for illegal migrants and cannabis. Regardless of whether one is pro or anti immigration, it is surely quite right for any state to ensure that only those legally entitled to stay should do so.

Even when they are here legally, one has to question how those who work in a plethora of low skill businesses like nail bars, car washes, fast food shops, leaflet distribution, etc. are any benefit to the rest of us. Any increase in national wealth is just divided among a similarly increased number of people. Basic maths - you don't raise an average by adding more of average quality.
              indeed as few earning below higher rate actually contribute to the country (i.e. put in more than they take out according to the ONS). Adding average earners makes the situation worse. As the nail bar staff are unlikely to get anyway near average earnings or paying significant tax they are effectively taking out.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X