Send them home 2 Send them home 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 26

Lord of the Vectras

VectraMan - scorchio!

Default Send them home 2

I went into Banbury town centre yesterday lunchtime and saw a couple of Home Office Immigration vans with a couple of officers wandering around paying particular attention to one of the many nail shops that have sprung up, obviously staffed by people of south east Asian appearance. Apparently I missed the excitement as they swooped later on and raided all these shops, with "people being rugby tackled in the street" to quote the pub landlord.

There was a rumour about prostitution, but I think far more likely is it was just people working illegally doing the nails of the people of Oxfordshire.

Where am I meant to get my nails done now? Oh wait, I never have being a man and all, but what did women do before there were nail shops staffed by illegal immigrants?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Paid UK workers.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Paid UK workers. and sometimes UK tax
    yep this is the new economy. illegal gangs using slave workers & paying no tax.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    yep this is the new economy. illegal gangs using slave workers & paying no tax.
    Which is ultimately the problem. Fewer people willing to pay into the pot who are allowed to. Similarly there are more people prepared to shop on the grey and black market; drive through Cheetham Hill on the A56 on a Sunday afternoon and you'll see several dodgy shops selling knocked off and/or snide clothing and trainers.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Which is ultimately the problem. Fewer people willing to pay into the pot who are allowed to. Similarly there are more people prepared to shop on the grey and black market; drive through Cheetham Hill on the A56 on a Sunday afternoon and you'll see several dodgy shops selling knocked off and/or snide clothing and trainers.
    who are paying business rates so the council should police them. don't blame the public. If there is a shop on the high street then its reasonable to assume its legit, a bloke selling out of a suitcase not so much.

Of course they have closed the old people's homes & trading standards so they can build ugly bus stops as a memorial for their incompetence.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Last years news: Hundreds of nail bars raided over modern slavery Sadly not EU migrants for the Leavers to work up a rabid froth about, wonder how all those Vietnamese got in?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Last years news: Hundreds of nail bars raided over modern slavery Sadly not EU migrants for the Leavers to work up a rabid froth about, wonder how all those Vietnamese got in?
    Can't imagine how

EU’s passport fraud ‘epidemic’ – POLITICO

ROME — Europe’s trade in forged and stolen passports is so out of control that the U.S. has given five EU countries until next week to act or risk losing visa-free travel rights.

The threat comes in response to growing alarm over the rising number of lost and stolen documents in the EU, which has doubled in five years. The number of forged passports in the Middle East is also a rising concern. Interpol has data on 250,000 stolen or lost Syrian and Iraqi passports, including blank documents.

American and European security officials speak of an “epidemic” created by a spike in demand from asylum-seekers — and from terrorists like those who carried out the Paris attacks last November, two of whom were carrying counterfeit documents.

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Smuggling
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

who are paying business rates so the council should police them. don't blame the public. If there is a shop on the high street then its reasonable to assume its legit, a bloke selling out of a suitcase not so much.

Of course they have closed the old people's homes & trading standards so they can build ugly bus stops as a memorial for their incompetence.
    You've clearly never been down the A56 through Cheetham Hill on a Sunday. These shops have the equivalent of bouncers on the doors!
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

d000hg - scorchio!

Coming here, buffing our nails.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Urine is quite nourishing