• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Are you suggesting he's had a lot of practice?
    Or a very small willy and thinks that's normal. Or a very big bumhole.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      And the increase in FRS VAT.
      Well, that's from a different budget and the dividend hit is from next April.

So technically, if you're arguing FRS for this year, the dividend hit is for next year.

So, £12 per day hit on a £500/day contract this year plus £30 per year NI.

Next year sees the £2k threshold for dividends.

But we also see the thresholds rising to 12.5k and 50k by 2020 for the two tax levels.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        £3k worse off?

Surely it's 7% of £3k?
        Plus about £30 per year of additional NI?

There's then the reduction in Corp Tax to relieve that (while that was originally to balance out dividend tax, we're looking at the here and now).
        It's not 7% of 3K, it's your top rate of tax, so in most cases it's 40%. And it's not £30, but I'll leave that to an expert. The CT cut will be irrelevant to most of us, because we'll be taxed out of existence by 2019.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          It's not 7% of 3K, it's your top rate of tax, so in most cases it's 40%. And it's not £30, but I'll leave that to an expert. The CT cut will be irrelevant to most of us, because we'll be taxed out of existence by 2019.
          If I'm only taking up to 43k, it's still 7%, no?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'm not worried because I'm in a 90% retention scheme

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              I'm not worried because I'm in a 90% retention scheme
              I hope it's QC Approved or your going to get shafted.

Comment

I hope it's QC Approved or your going to get shafted a second time after the QC.
                There you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  we'll be taxed out of existence by 2019.
                  Have you ever been asked to give after-dinner talks about how you maintain such a positive view on things?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Not as bad as I feared, but don't they also publish a booklet where all the less welcome small print can be concealed?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      So, £12 per day hit on a £500/day contract this year plus £30 per year NI.
                      If you do any work as self employed (which a friend of mine does when he doesn't go via an agency) then it's a significant increase in the amount of NI you pay.

Anything over £16k and you are worse off -if you earn £30k then my rough calculation is that you're £300 a year worse off because of the NI change. There are plenty of people out there who are self employed, on far less than £500 a day, who will be hit by the change.
                      First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Working...
                      X