• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK on the naughty step again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK on the naughty step again

Prospect of £1.7bn fine looms large over PM's talks with EU leaders
    Was this mentioned in the budget or are we just whacking it on the national plastic?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ith-eu-leaders

Or we could just say no, I'm sure they've got all the transactional information needed to actually verify that they did indeed lose this much in revenue otherwise they can ***** off.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      Or we could just say no, I'm sure they've got all the transactional information needed to actually verify that they did indeed lose this much in revenue otherwise they can ***** off.
      Not the point, it's another bargaining chip in the brexit negotiations. The implication will be that if the fine isn't paid we won't get as good a deal, or even any deal.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Not the point, it's another bargaining chip in the brexit negotiations. The implication will be that if the fine isn't paid we won't get as good a deal, or even any deal.
        Yes, it's all part of the fun of the fair.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          OK Dave I get that, but it'll be interesting to see what else they'll try to conjure out of their arses. Not much has been said about the UK's share of the assets that the EU has.
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

OK Dave I get that, but it'll be interesting to see what else they'll try to conjure out of their arses. Not much has been said about the UK's share of the assets that the EU has.
            A couple of Greek islands ought to do it.

Comment

Should definitely put in a claim for a share of the wine cellar.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                A couple of Greek islands ought to do it.
                nicer than the Isle of Wight.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Should definitely put in a claim for a share of the wine cellar.
                  Nah JCJ beat you to it, been drunk.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Nah JCJ beat you to it, been drunk.
                    You're thinking of the wine lake.

Comment

Working...
                    X