• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting and working and living short term UP NORTH

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living in manchester - less traffic, everywhere is 30 min away (job too), relatively good quality of life and air. Good parks, 1.5h away from lake district.

you can get nice 2 bed with balcony for 500, any decent flats are 500+ but start from 325 for tuliphole.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
      That takes me back. Whatever happen to that KLF band? Didn't he become a Mormon in the America or join a French monastery out in the Dordogne?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I had a contract up there for a while and I rented a flat between Leeds and Bradford, relatively cheap rent (£600 a month including parking and all bills)

You get used to their version of reality after a while, and it makes you appreciate the finer things in life, like being stuck on the M25.
        It's not all bad, there's an indoor ski slope at Castleford.

...note, this thread may have to be moved to General.
        @WTFH That is really helpful.

Seriously, one of the locations has something to do with the public sector. The lady agent said that the contract rate was £Open to suggestion. I know enough here on ContractorUK.com forums to scrutinise public sector contract work and Off Payroll Worker. However, I am tempted and therefore I am researching ...

Comment

KLF, takes me back, knew a lot of people involved in music back then, but never met Bill Drummond.

Remember when they decided to burn a million pounds?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K_Foun...a_Million_Quid
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
            Living in manchester - less traffic, everywhere is 30 min away (job too), relatively good quality of life and air. Good parks, 1.5h away from lake district.

you can get nice 2 bed with balcony for 500, any decent flats are 500+ but start from 325 for tuliphole.
            Hey @diseasex that is really useful! Sounds really good in fact.

Would I assume that typical flat tenancy lengths can be 2 months or (10 weeks)?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              KLF, takes me back, knew a lot of people involved in music back then, but never met Bill Drummond.

Remember when they decided to burn a million pounds?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K_Foun...a_Million_Quid
              Not quite I believe someone nicked some of it....

Comment

Nope tenancy agreements in the Uk are typically 6 months.. From that question I'm guessing you aren't British...

Comment

No , you need to commit to 6 months rental . You can go with spareroom , prices are from £300pm (few miles away from center ) to £600pm (center) for a room

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    What we would do is not what you may want to do.... I don't want to go NLUK on you but its hardly difficult.. Work out where you would like to stay (hotel / spareroom / b+b) then research the costs and make it part of your daily rate.
                    @eek Great advice. I was finally thinking the very same.

Comment

No offence NLUK. I knew you would get in there quickly!
                      I'm a sucker for a daft question. What can I say?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X