• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for Scooter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    How are we being arse raped.

Do you think somehow everyone should pay little to no tax?

The UK is one of the most heavily taxed states in all of Europe. I'm taxed more in the UK (both visible and hidden taxes) than I am here in Germany. The jaw dropper is my taxed income here, about 30% most years, includes my private health insurance

Then there this big massive difference between these two large economies. UK citizens pay far more in tax and yet receive far poorer services. Just look at trains, prohibitively expensive standing room.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      How are we being arse raped.

Do you think somehow everyone should pay little to no tax?

How would the work?

Sorry to be blunt but the more you earn the more you are taxed - if you run your own ltd you still can get more of your income in your bank then being perm.

It is easy to criticise but it is hard to come up with a viable alternative.
      So you think targeting the self employed is the way to make up the deficit ?? You agree that 'a permie earning £50K and a self employed person earing £50k' are the same thing ? Better target 'paying your fair share' at the self employed and small company directors than say Vodafone or Starbucks ?
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        No chip on my shoulder. I pretty much hate every c**t in equal measure. Just can't quite understand how you people can vote for a party who you know is going to arse rape you, then be happy about being arse raped, then defend the arse raping because 'things could be worse' What's even funnier is that you then mock anyone who seeks an alternative. You just carry on lubing up.
        Every party has at one time or another arse-raped me. I put my cross in the box of the party which will, in my opinion, use the proceeds most wisely. Just make sure you vote for independence when you next get the chance, that will save us a f**king fortune.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Every party has at one time or another arse-raped me.
          Even the Lib Dems ? They used to be famous for shooting your dog afterwards.

And by 'spending it most wisely' you include 'giving it to their mates' in that.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

No, although they wanted to. Thankfully we weren't stupid enough to vote for them in sufficient numbers for them to have the power to do so.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Every party has at one time or another arse-raped me.
              obviously you have a nice arse!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

And by 'spending it most wisely' you include 'giving it to their mates' in that.
                The notion that a significant %age of the taxes we pay go to the governments 'mates' is just laughable - get your tin hat out now before they read your mind.

Ad the notion that any other government would do anything different is also bollox

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  obviously you have a nice arse!
                  It's bloody gorgeous, thanks for asking. Back of a bus is usually the best I get.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Sturgeon is the only politician I can use the word trust with in the same sentence. She speaks for a lot of people. There's also empathy.

You have to remember many EU nationals resident in Scotland in 2014 voted to remain IN the UK. That'll not happen the next time round.

Another interesting statistic, in 2014 the opinion polls showed 30% of people were in favour of yes. It never fell below that. Today the base is 42%. And we're probably still 2-years away. What a start!

The Tories will have to seed a lot of power to Scotland if they wish them to vote remain. But they're doing the opposite right now. After, whenever, the Tories give up power the country will never look the same again.

"There are 160,000 EU nationals from other states living in Scotland, including some in the Commonwealth Games city of Glasgow. If Scotland was outside Europe, they would lose the right to stay here."

Nicola Sturgeon 2014

Comment

I can't see independence happening now, even the average punter in the street can see that the finances are fooked.

Sadly this continued drive is harming the economy so in that respect I'm game if they bring it on, get it over and done with finally.

Comment

Working...
                      X