• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It was against Jack Monroe

linky
    The other way round, I think - it was Jack Monroe against the Hopkins creature. Well deserved win for Mx Monroe, though I doubt it'll do anything to stop Hopkins's virtual spittle-flecked bile-spewing in the future

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The other way round, I think - it was Jack Monroe against the Hopkins creature. Well deserved win for Mx Monroe, though I doubt it'll do anything to stop Hopkins's virtual spittle-flecked bile-spewing in the future
      Yeah I was just excited that someone stuck it to the "lovely" Ms Hopkins.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Yeah I was just excited that someone stuck it to the "lovely" Ms Hopkins.
        I think it will have brightened up many people's Friday

Comment

Tl;dr
          • War memorial dedicated to women defaced with the phrase F..k Tory Scum
          • Spectator journalist Laura Penny tweeted that she did not have a problem with vandalism as a form of protest.
          • Hopkins tweets to Jack Monroe "Scrawled on any memorials recently? Vandalised the memory of those who fought for your freedom. Grandma got any more medals?”, evidently confusing Penny and Monroe.
          • Monroe responded "I have NEVER ‘scrawled on a memorial’. Brother in the RAF. Dad was a Para in the Falklands. You’re a piece of tulip.” followed by “Dear @KTHopkins, public apology + £5K to migrant rescue and I won’t sue. It’ll be cheaper for you and v satisfying for me.”
          • Absent an apology, Monroe sued for libel and won, winning damages of £24K.

Monroe came to prominence after writing a food blog A Girl Called Jack, sharing recipes she devised bringing up a child on a limited income. She's an entertaining irritant to the likes of Hopkins and Richard Littlejohn.
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
            Tl;dr
            • War memorial dedicated to women defaced with the phrase F..k Tory Scum
            • Spectator journalist Laura Penny tweeted that she did not have a problem with vandalism as a form of protest.
            • Hopkins tweets to Jack Monroe "Scrawled on any memorials recently? Vandalised the memory of those who fought for your freedom. Grandma got any more medals?”, evidently confusing Penny and Monroe.
            • Monroe responded "I have NEVER ‘scrawled on a memorial’. Brother in the RAF. Dad was a Para in the Falklands. You’re a piece of tulip.” followed by “Dear @KTHopkins, public apology + £5K to migrant rescue and I won’t sue. It’ll be cheaper for you and v satisfying for me.”
            • Absent an apology, Monroe sued for libel and won, winning damages of £24K.

Monroe came to prominence after writing a food blog A Girl Called Jack, sharing recipes she devised bringing up a child on a limited income. She's an entertaining irritant to the likes of Hopkins and Richard Littlejohn.
            Migrant Rescue. Classic!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Migrant Rescue. Classic!
              Presumably another 24K now going to help the cockroaches.
              My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

The judgement makes for quite entertaining reading:

Originally posted by Mr Justice Warby in the High Court of Justice Queen's Bench Division
                Later on 18 May 2015 the Claimant published the following on Twitter: “BA_DA_BOOM! It lies! It smears! It’s wrong! It panics! It blocks! It’s @KTHopkins everyone!” (With six pictures of a chicken)
                🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔

Comment

Doubt 24k is that much for her, though got to add the F* lawyer costs obviously.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I don't imagine she's rich enough not to miss 24 grand.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Doubt 24k is that much for her, though got to add the F* lawyer costs obviously.
                      I think it's the principle more than anything.

Anyway the "lovely"" Ms Hopkins gets the pleasure of paying two lots of lawyers fees plus the award.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X