• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zopa ISA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    What is dash?
    It's used with a combination of dots to describe Scooter

.--. .-. .. -.-. -.-
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What is dash?
      An alternative cryptocurrency to bitcoin, or which they are many. However dash just may well replace bitcoin someday. There's a number of advantages, speed of transactions being one. This one really is anonymous (although not important for me). You can pay for your coffee in starbucks in some US outlets. If utilisation picks up as the hype is you'll wish you'd had some in the early days.

https://www.dash.org

CryptoCurrency Market Capitalizations
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        An alternative cryptocurrency to bitcoin, or which they are many. However dash just may well replace bitcoin someday. There's a number of advantages, speed of transactions being one. This one really is anonymous (although not important for me). You can pay for your coffee in starbucks in some US outlets. If utilisation picks up as the hype is you'll wish you'd had some in the early days.

Maybe I'll miss out, but I'm avoiding crypts as fire. Not investing in something i don't fully undertand. OK I do know a lot about blockchain but having money on HDD is asking for trouble.

Can't be arsed investing 100£ and hoping for 1000. And wouldn't put 100k into it
        Last edited by diseasex; 12 March 2017, 11:18.

Comment

Maybe I'll miss out, but I'm avoiding crypts as fire. Not investing in something i don't fully undertand. OK I do know a lot about blockchain but having money on HDD is asking for trouble.

Can't be arsed investing 100£ and hoping for 1000. And wouldn't put 100k into it
          Even studying operational research does not equip me to fully understand either. But I don't need to. Most of the time I'm buying into the people behind the idea rather than the technology itself. Although blockchain is interesting and no more different from fiat currency expect that it is not controlled by a centre source.

Keep all my wallets on a hard drive, yes it's true. They are only a few KB's in size. The wallets are backed up to the cloud whenever they change. Not rocket science.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Even studying operational research does not equip me to fully understand either. But I don't need to. Most of the time I'm buying into the people behind the idea rather than the technology itself. Although blockchain is interesting and no more different from fiat currency expect that it is not controlled by a centre source.

Keep all my wallets on a hard drive, yes it's true. They are only a few KB's in size. The wallets are backed up to the cloud whenever they change. Not rocket science.
            I'm mean someone can hack into your icloud and steal your money.

They hacked major exchanges before, you know ? so your money is not safe, hence wouldn't invest too much

Comment

So that'll be for tax reasons then.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I'm mean someone can hack into your icloud and steal your money.

They hacked major exchanges before, you know ? so your money is not safe, hence wouldn't invest too much
                I don't use exchanges, never will. I do all my trading with other individuals.

My cloud service, https://tresorit.com are offering $50,000 to the first person who manages to hack user accounts. Why not give it a go?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  So that'll be for tax reasons then.
                  If someone spend money that's already taxed... sorry you're confusing me more than normally. You're were saying something about brain cells the other day?

Comment

Sorry. Bought Dash at €14 a couple of month ago. Could sell them today at $70.

You guys really need to speculate smarter than this.

Not a bad investment, put in under £2k you can now sell it for just under £200k.... so yeah...

Would be nice to find out what the TaxMan would say. Don't you need to declare the profit? Yes you don't have the cash in hand but the profit should still be disclosed? I know in the US they are looking at this.

Comment

Working...
                    X