• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zopa ISA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zopa ISA

This looks pretty good.

https://www.zopa.com/lending/isa

6.1% tax free with some risk or protected with 3.7% return.

I'm struggling to see how it beats an index tracker for the Classic and can't really get a grip on the Safeguard feature:

This table shows what’s left the Safeguard fund compared to how much we put in to cover that batch of loans. We also look at the amount that has been paid back to understand whether the fund usage is in line with what we would expect at this stage of the loan lifetime.

Actual bad debt
    fund usage Repaid
    2017 – –
    2016 27% 20%
    2015 68% 54%
    2014 79% 78%
    2013 64% 93%
    Figures above only relate to A*-C Safeguarded loans

I don't understand what the above table illustrates. It looks better than a cash ISA but I regard a tracker fund as reasonably safe, especially if you invest in different markets.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      This looks pretty good.

Is it actually live yet? Says coming soon. They've been on this for 2 years and I last spoke to them about 6 weeks ago and they still had no date.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Is it actually live yet? Says coming soon. They've been on this for 2 years and I last spoke to them about 6 weeks ago and they still had no date.
        This type of ISA goes live in the next tax year, so it should be a few away at most.

Comment

They won't have enough safe loans to make

Comment

Oh they'll accept transfers as well.

Transfer existing ISA balances over to us too...

Those of you that have been building up your tax-free savings allowance over the years will be able to transfer all or part of those balances over to an Innovative Finance ISA with Zopa.

You can split your historic ISA balances across different types of ISA (i.e. across cash, stocks and shares and innovative finance), and you can have multiple ISAs of each type for historic balances.

The important thing to remember about transferring old ISA balances is that this must be done as a transfer directly between your old and new ISA provider – you cannot simply close your old ISA and move your money into another ISA, otherwise your money will no longer be eligible for tax-free interest.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              This looks pretty good.

Sorry. Bought Dash at €14 a couple of month ago. Could sell them today at $70.

You guys really need to speculate smarter than this.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Sorry. Bought Dash at €14 a couple of month ago. Could sell them today at $70.

You guys really need to speculate smarter than this.
                Well done for buying that one share of dash. You're a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Well done for buying that one share of dash. You're a genius.
                  I bought 120 dash at that price

People really need to get involved before it's too late.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I bought 120 dash at that price

People really need to get involved before it's too late.
                    What is dash?

Comment

Working...
                    X